Chapter 18 - Epilogue

Katie’s POV 

Katie made sure that Charlotte didn’t go without a proper goodbye and made the whole graveyard see her off. When the portal closed, she sighed, surprised at how adventurous being a Lost Soul was. She never thought it would involve this much action, and in a short span of time as well. Still, it was over now and she was now finding herself sitting atop the hill again, looking up at the moon, which never failed to shine down brightly on her little hilltop.

 Behind her came Geoffrey, who silently sat down beside her and looked up with her. “Beautiful, isn’t it?” He chuckled, a small smile forming on his face.

 “It certainly is.” Katie sighed before leaning her head on his shoulder, causing the young man to blush. “It’s been a busy week, huh?” She grinned.

 “Indeed. I’ve never seen the graveyard so busy before.” He smiled a little wider before looking at her. “So, do you have any plans this week?”

 “Not really, although Suzie had been begging me to go on a haunting trip with her.” She giggled before looking back up at him. There was something different about him; as if he was more…alive than when they first met. Not to mention he was blushing a lot more around her. “Why do you ask?”

 “I was, um, wondering if you would like to go out some time?”

 “You mean on a date?” She said in surprise, a hint of amusement in her voice. She had to admit, he was rather adorable when he was blushing and flustered. Which was exactly what he was now.

 “I-I suppose that’s one way of putting it…” He stammered, quickly looking away and up at the moon again. “Beautiful isn’t it?”

 “Geoffrey?”

 “Hmm?”

 “You’re repeating yourself.”

 “Just emphasizing my point.”

 “Geoff?”

 “Hu-“

 He was unable to finish his sentence as she kissed him on the lips, her hand coming up to gently cup his cheek. It was strange kissing him. Even though their bodies could pass through solid objects, it seemed when she kissed him he was remarkably solid. Granted, his lips were freezing, but then again so was hers. Still, even as she continued to kiss him she could feel a heat rise to her cheeks. After kissing him for what seemed like forever, she pulled away and giggled at Geoffrey’s shocked face. He stammered and tried to find the words to respond before quietly muttering, “T-Thank you…”

 Katie laughed and hugged him close, resting her head on his shoulder again. “Y’know, I can see why Albert loved you so much.”

 “R-Really?” Geoffrey stammered, his hands practically shaking as he slowly rested one on her hip.

 “Of course. You are a really good kisser, after all.” She winked at him, causing him to become a mumbling mess and turn a deep blue shade.

 Albert’s POV

Albert looked over the balcony of the mansion. The stars always shined so brightly in the First Universe, no matter how old they were. It was a miracle really. Just like it was a miracle he got to see Geoffrey again. He knew he didn’t love him anymore, though, and he didn’t blame him.

He sighed and looked down. Geoffrey clearly had an attraction to that Katie girl. It was not in his business to interfere with their relationship. After all, it made Geoffrey happy, and that’s all Albert wanted. He looked at the pocket watch in his pocket and went back inside, carrying his cane with him.

His sister, who smiled sadly at him, soon confronted him. “Are you alright, Al?”

“Yes yes, quite alright. Just a bit tired, is all.” He chuckled weakly, walking past her. She frowned at him and sighed.

“You’ll find another, Albert. Don’t worry.”

“I know…I just need to find them…” He sighed, walking into his office. This was no time to be worrying about feelings.

There was work to be done.

THE END