All I Ever Wanted

Prologue:

"Why won't you realize?" It was all I ever wanted. It was all I ever wanted that the boy of my dreams would realize I felt this way about him. We had only exchanged a few words, but not enough to satisfy me. It was actually surprising we hadn't talked more, considering we belonged to the same friend group. His name was Clayton, but was okay with being called Clayte by only his closest friends. He was the only boy I liked and almost half of friends knew I had a crush on him. And those who didn't know could tell by the sparkle in my eye when he's around, or when he talks to me, or when my friends bring him up.

He was the kind of guy that all the girls drooled over. A girl would literally kill to be his girlfriend. You would be considered crazy if you didn't swoon at the sight of his smile. I know I did every time.

I actually felt bad for the other boys. Nearly half of them were almost completely ignored by the girls, as they were too busy falling for Clayton. It was that way all the way from the third grade to the tenth, which was our current grade. But it wasn't our fault. It was simply impossible not to fall in love with his light blue eyes, his dark brown hair that was always perfectly combed, his dimples, and his straight, white teeth that all fit perfectly together. He was the cutest guy in school, and I was positive he would always be. He needed to be mine, I needed to be loved by Clayton. But every other girl in the universe felt the same way. I had major competition, but it was my mission to make him mine. To fall into his arms. To be comforted by his warmth and soft, soothing words formed by his amazing voice. It was all I ever wanted.

A/N: I uploaded a picture of who I imagined Clayton as!