Chapter 15

I looked into Tanner's mesmerising green eyes. I smiled, and flirtatiously asked, "Are you asking me out, Mr. Tanner?" He laughed.
"You bet," he replied with a grin that made my heart stop. I was rapidly falling for him, and I knew that he was the one.
"Then..." I looked at him nervously, still not able to pry my eyes away from his. "Yes. Yes, I will be your girlfriend." He sighed in relief.
"For a second, I thought you were considering saying no!" He laughed.
"Now, why would I do that?" My voice was shaky, for I was so happy. Tanner was the boy I wanted to date, and now I was dating him. For what seemed like the first time in my life, I thought the day couldn't get much better. We turned around. "I'm c-cold." My teeth chattered, reminding me that I was standing in the middle of the rain and it was freezing cold.
"Here," Tanner said. He pulled off his coat, revealing he had a sweater on underneath, and he placed it over my shoulders.
"T-thanks, but aren't y-you cold n-n-now?" I stammered. He shook his head "no" with a warm smile that earned him one in return. We hurried back to our friends and Haley was wearing an ear-to-ear grin. She had seen it all. I couldn't help but smile back. The cold didn't really matter. I had all that I wanted. I had Tanner, and I had my friends. My body was slightly shaking due to my excitement, and I felt jittery. I looked at Tanner. "Hey, Tanner?" I asked up to him, admiring every one of his facial features.
"What's up?" He was tightly pushing his crossed arms into his chest, trying to create and store body heat.
"Are you as happy as I am?" I laughed, and he nodded cheerfully. His smile dropped and he looked at me seriously. Then, he leaned down and whispered into my ear. His warm breath sent chills down my neck.
"Even happier." Tanner returned to his straight posture and winked at me.
"Impossible!" I shouted as we arrived at the table.
"No, you're impossible!" He called, earning a shove from me. He didn't budge, which made everyone at our table crack up. As we all laughed uncontrollably, Haley looked at me and winked, indicating she was happy for me too.

A/N: As I typed this chapter it felt like it was miles long! Guess not. :( I'll add to it tomorrow or the next day! Scratch that - I'll write an extra long chapter to make up for it! Thank you SOO much for reading - you can't possibly imagine how appreciative I am of my readers and voters!