Chapter 5~

Maresa’s P.O.V (December 25, 1893)

(Dream)

I neared the forest, seeing the fleeing forms of my sisters shimmer before turning into their animal forms. But I wasn’t following. I was watching them leave. I was in the snow, watching the tall green eyed girl let the knife fall to her side. An unbelievable relief. But wait that girl...isn’t she me…?

I woke with a jolt.

The snow that once blanketed my fur hit the frozen grass surounding me.

I shook the rest of the frozen water off my head. Now looking around the clearing in search of my sisters. We had been in our animal forms ever since the massacre of our Kingdom.

Ever since my dreams began...

I closed my eyes, focusing my energy towards my sisters’ thoughts.

Where are you, Parvani? We need to stay together… Or not?

Lisbeth! Where are you going? Of course, I knew I should have gone by myself!

A few...more...steps…’Blood splatters filled my head...

I knew exactly where they were. I lunged into the dark forest. My silver eyes flickered throughout the cracks of the trees. I darted past the creek, where a giant ravenous Black Wolf preyed upon a large Deer. Her favorite.

Not too far away from the creek lie an unhappy looking Lioness. Paws crossed at the wrists, she looked around bitterly, golden eyes glaring off into the distance.

Dirty deadbeats. sneered a voice, coming from the mind of the Lioness. All they like to do is feast! Where is our humanity!?

I strode past her, in search of my last sister. It wouldn’t be hard finding her considering the fact that it was snowing outside and her fur was russet.

I’m here.

I beheld the red fox, and flicked an ear irritably.

We need to stay together.

Lisbeth tipped her head to the side.

What is today’s date?

I blinked.

What does that matter?

I think it’s Christmas…

Once again, I must ask, What does that matter?

She glowered at my choice of words.

What matters is that it’s Christmas, and inquire that we…, I stared at her. Surely she wouldn't think of the word...celebrate?

...honor this holiday.

Now why would we honor such, a holiday, especially since our parents are...gone? There is nothing to be joyous and jolly about. I retorted bitterly.

Surely not, but I believe we are on the verge of losing every ounce of humanity we once had. She whimpered in protest.

A low growl resounded nearby. Lisbeth yipped at the sudden noise, obviously startled. I rolled my eyes at her frightened figure before turning around to meet two deep red eyes in the middle of a disoriented black shape.

I sent a growl back.

What is the problem now, Parvani?

Do you hear that? Her thoughts, barely audible in my head.

If you can hear it, and no one else can, It must be quite a ways away.

The two red dots flickered in a direction, before her figure darted behind a trail of trees.

I looked back at the now concentrated Red Fox, staring off into the direction I assumed Parvani went in.

She is moving fast but I can still see her. She stated before dashing off after her.

A loud roar sounds off in the distance. A graceful sliver of gold flew past me.

Could you be any louder? I snapped at Y’lisse, before swiftly bounding after her departing figure.

Why of course I could beloved sister. She let out another thunderous roar.

I silently glared after her, cursing her very name.