Chapter 12

This was it.

Am I really going to do this?

"Yes you are."

Did I just think out loud?

"Yes, you did." Luke replies.

Right now we were in front of the police department with Gabrielle. Literally just standing outside the building. I know it's wrong that I get these doubts, but I still don't think I'm ready for this yet.

They both stood at either side of me, waiting for me to reply, to make any sudden movement to at least try to go inside. But I was afraid. Because once I go inside, all hell will definitely break loose. My marriage with Kevin will go downhill, almost like all those years we've built, how we have grown from fifteen year old's to the adults that we are now. 

It's physically hard to breathe and my hands are clamping into my sister and Luke's arms. I knew that in order to stop the suffering, to stop the damage and the pained look in their eyes, I had to step inside. I didn't want to be seen this way. I just want peace like before. I remember I used to cry every night thinking that everything that's coming at me with bruises and scars is because I deserved them, but I don't want to be that weak anymore.

After a few more minutes of self preparation, I nodded slowly and made my way towards the police men's office to file my report. I don't know why, but they said they needed a few minutes to prepare before making the actual declaration. But as soon as I walked in, I knew why, and I was petrified.

I stood next to the wide open door of the office taking in who is inside. The police officer who said would take care of me after some preparation, sat on his desk chair and a man was leaning on that desk with his back towards me. I knew that back all too well.

"Ah! Ms. Hernández! I thought that whatever declaration you needed to make would be best with moral support from your husband, my best pal Kevin! So I called him over and he says he would love to hear any problem you have going on so he can attempt to solve it with you."

Kevin stands and looks at me. There is a smile in his face, but his eyes scream evil and I'm petrified.

"I'll let you guys talk before I write down what it is you have to say Ms. Hernandez." The officer says as he stands to leave us. He doesn't even let me speak before he's already closed the door behind him, leaving Kevin and I completely alone. 

I turn to look at Kevin and glare at him. His smile is still prominent on his face, trying to calm down my racing heart and shaking hands.

"Well, mi amor, want to tell me what it is that you had planned to tell John ab-"

"I fucking hate that you are here, you shouldn't even be here! What else do you expect? That I continue to play as your toy and let you-"

"Shut up Elizabeth!" He yells pushing me against the wall with one hand around my arm and the other around my throat.

Next thing I know, there is loud banging on the door and I can faintly hear Luke's voice, "Elizabeth!! Are you okay? Who is in there with you?!"

Kevin smiles faintly at me and steps away from me. " I'll see you later Elizabeth, eso te lo prometo." He says and walks away.

I turn away from him not wanting to see him, I hear Kevin open the door, but I also hear a thud and something fall.

I turned around.

Kevin was caressing his cheek blood starting to come out from the corner of his lip, and Luke stands above him.

"Luke! Don't!" I yell and stand in front of Luke, blocking him from hurting Kevin more.

Luke crouches down to my level and stares into my eyes questioningly, "Bee, you know he deserves it, are you defending-"

"No I am not! He deserves it, and I know that now. But not here, you can't do this now. Let's just go, please?" I say pleadingly looking into his eyes.

Luke stares at me for a while longer, he sends a glare at Kevin. He grabs my hand and guides me outside of the building. We see Gabrielle and Luke takes her hand as well, guiding both of us out of the police department, so much for protecting and serving.

I knew it would be difficult to find help, I knew after all these years it would be hard to build up something that I've lost, to build up my dignity and courage and love, because after being with Kevin, I have lost all those things and faith was the last thing I actually held onto. But it seems that the more the days pass, the more my faith falls, slipping from my grasp.

As we left the building, walking towards the car, I felt someone roughly grab my arm, pulling me away from Luke.

Kevin stares deep into my eyes and says the words that have been engraved into my mind and tugged at me heart since he said it.

"You will regret leaving me, I'll promise you that my love. You just wait and see"
_____
Unedited...
Excuse the poor writing, I have big plans for the next chapter ;))
"You just wait and see"