Chapter 1: the First Day

John's PoV

I was hanging out with the squad on the first day of my junior year in college. Eliza had her arm draped over Peggy's shoulders. Angelica was half asleep on me. Lafayette was cuddling with Hercules. They'd started dating last summer. Peggy was telling a story about this girl she'd met who she kept calling a "dirty hoe".

That's when I saw him. A boy walked in through the gate with his hair pulled back, showing his cute face. The boy stopped to look down at his campus map, face drawn in confusion.

I didn't even know I was staring until Hercules nudged me and said "Ooh someones crushing on the new kid!"

I blushed a bright red and rolled my eyes at Hercules. Everyone turned to look at the boy I had been staring at.

"Oh I heard about him! He moved here from the Caribbean! He's in our grade!" Eliza said, almost shouting.

"What's his name?" Laf asked.

The new boy looked up at the squad before any of them could answer. I could almost see Eliza melt as he started to walk towards us.

"Hi I'm Alexander Hamilton. I'm looking for dorm 17? Do you know where it is?" the new kid, Alexander, asked.

I smiled at him and said "Your in luck! Me and my buddies stay there! I'm John Laurens!"

Everyone else introduced themselves and began to walk to our dorms. The Schuyler sisters all stayed in dorm 18. When the group of boys reached dorm 17 the sisters went their separate ways as the boys walked in.

"What's your room number?" Laf asked as we stopped in the lobby.

"Uh... Room 1780..." Alexander said.

I smiled. "Just follow me roomie! Laf and Herc are just right across the hall from us!"

Alexander smiled and walked into our room. After he set his stuff down he turned to me, sitting on the couch.

"So John. Tell me about yourself." Alexander said.

I sat in a chair and said "First off, call me Laurens." Alexander nodded and I continued. "I'm a senior. I'm majoring in marine biology, with a minor in edu. What about you Alexander?"

Alexander laughed slightly and said "Call me Alex. I'm a senior also. I'm doing law with another degree in writing, plus a little history."

My eyes widened in shock. "How can one man do all that?! I can barely survive marine bio, let alone two other degrees."

Alex smiled and said "I've always had to work hard. Where did you come from?"

"South Carolina. You?"

"The West Indies."

Alex and I talked until lights out.

~THREE WEEKS LATER~

Alex and I went back to the dorm after class. We sat down and Alex began to complain about the teacher, Samuel Seaburry. Alex had gotten into a fight with him today.

"He was being such a dick!" Alex exclaimed. Before either of us could say anything else someone knocked on the door.

Alex's PoV

"Open up I need your notes!"

Laurens huffed out a breath and opened the door. It opened the door to reveal a tall, mixed man.

"Why do you need my notes again, Burr? Is it because you skipped again?" Laurens asked.

The man, Burr, rolled his eyes and said "I was with Theodosia. Ben was at a class so we met up."

I couldn't help but interrupt. "Oh, so while her, I'm just guessing here, fiance and/or boyfriend was out you went over to screw around?"

"Who do you think you are, butting into my conversation like that, you little scrawny piece of-"

John cut Burr off as he grabbed a couple sheets of paper and said "Here have them just leave already, Aaron."

Burr sneered as he took the paper. "Who are you, scrawny?" Burr asked me before he left.

"Alexander Hamilton."

Burr rolled his eyes and said "See you around campus, Hamilton. Later fag."

Burr left, slamming the door behind him. John sighed and sat down.

"Fag?" I asked, still staring at the door. A billion thoughts raced through my mind.

Is he gay or is it just a rude nickname... Is he like me? oh my god Alex don't be such an idiot hes not gay. Its just a...

My thoughts were interrupted by John saying "Yeah he somehow found out and now he uses it to keep me from defying him."

I gulped. "Your.. Gay?" I came around the chair to face John. His face was pale and his eyes were downcast. "No I don't mean it like that! I-I mean I'm bi!"

John's head shot up. "Yo-your bi?" I nodded slowly. John smiled softly. Then I did something unexpected.

I leaned down and kissed John. The curly haired boy hesitated at first, then kissed me back. John pulled away and looked up at me in surprise.

I turned red and whispered "I... I'm sorry I have to go!" I turned and ran.

"Alex!" was the last thing I heard before I ran out into the quad. I didn't even notice the storm until it was to late...

John's PoV

"Alex!" I yelled as I stood up.

Laf opened his door, his hair disheveled. Hercules stood up behind him, his shirt off. Normally I would have made a joke but I was to worried about Alex.

"Whats going on?" Lafayette asked.

"Alex ran again!" I shouted, running towards the quad.

In the second week of school Eliza accidentally pissed Alex off and he disappeared for 2 days. A full blown storm raged on outside as Lafayette, Hercules and I ran to the Schuyler sister's dorm room and dragged them outside.

"What's happening?!" Angelica shouted over the storm.

"Alex ran again!" Herc shouted back.

Then I started to run again. "Alex!" I shouted over and over again. Then I heard the scream.

I made a sharp turn and ran into an alley. A small figured was hunched up in the corner.