Chapter 8: the Second Fight

John's PoV

I rolled over in bed, expecting to find Alex, but finding nothing but sheets. Then I heard the typing. Alex was sitting at his desk, typing away on his computer. I glanced at the clock. It read 3:26.

"Alex..." I muttered.

He slightly turned his head towards me and made a little noise. "Come back to bed."

Alex didn't stop his typing. "I have to get this project done. Sorry John."

I sat up and said "When is it due?"

Alex quietly said "In a week... From next week."

I rolled my eyes and asked him "Why do you write like your running out of time? Isn't this enough? You have great friends, great classes!"

Alex turned around suddenly. "It's not enough! because if I don't pass all my classes then I can't get a good job and I can't support myself, and I don't want to be back in the same place I was a few years ago."

I huffed and said "Can't you take a long enough break to be with  your  boyfriend?!"

Alex stood up and almost shouted "I can't John! If I can't support myself than how am I supposed to support a partner?!"

I stood up and, in a deadly calm voice, said "Then maybe you shouldn't have a boyfriend."

Alex softened immediately. "John. Please, not again. I can't live without you. But I have to work for that."

I blinked back a few tears and said "Then choose, Alex. Me or school?"

"I shouldn't have to choose!" Alex shouted, also close to tears. I didn't respond.

Alex stared at me for a minute before he turned around, grabbed his computer, his phone, some clothes, stuffed them into a bag and left. I collapsed onto the floor in tears.

The next day, I noticed Alex walking hand in hand with a girl. She turned and I froze. It was Angelica. Eliza came up behind me and froze, her shoulder half an inch from mine.

"Is that... Alex and Angelica?" Her voice sounded just as heartbroken as I felt.

I nodded and she whispered "What the hell happened?"

I quickly explained our fight as we trailed the two. They paused by the art building and Angelica leaned over and kissed Alex. But Alex didn't push Angelica away. Before I could react Eliza grabbed my arm and stormed up to the kissing couple.

"You little BITCH!!" Eliza shouted before she yanked Angelica away and slapped her. "You knew two other people in our squad liked Alex, including me, and still, the first chance you get you take him!"

She slapped Angelica again before she turned to Alex. "And you! You get into a fight with your boyfriend and the next morning your already kissing someone who you've never even showed interest in before and that girl happened to be my sister and I will not let you break her heart because she was the first girl you saw!"

Then Eliza slapped him.

"Eliza let me explain!" Alex cried before Eliza threw a punch.

I grabbed her and held her back. Angelica helped Alex up from the ground and Alex risked a glance at Eliza. She glared at  him, her face red. Alex had blood running out of his nose.

"Let me explain." Alex said again. "I know this is gonna sound terrible but I really wanted to make one of you two jealous so I could get John back or Eliza. Angelica agreed to help me because she 'ships it' or something."

Angelica nodded her affirmation. I let Eliza go and she ran to Angelica, hugging her sister. I glanced at Alex and we ran to each other.

"I'm so so so sorry John! I'll take a whole month off just so we can hang out! Just take me back."

As a response, I kissed him. "A whole month?" I asked, pulling away.

Alex nodded and I said "Lets go back to the dorm."

As soon as the door closed I pinned Alex to the wall. "God I missed you." I hissed before I kissed down his neck.

"John..." Alex whispered.

I pulled his shirt up and ran my hands up and down his chest. We made our way to my bed and I pulled my shirt off. We collapsed on the bed and his hands ran all over my chest.

My hands drifted to Alex's jeans and unbuttoned them. I pulled them down and then I look my own off. Alex kissed me hard and I ran my fingers over the waistband of his underwear.

"J-John!" Alex whispered as my hand dropped a little further. "I can't! Please stop!"

I pulled away and carefully looked down at him. A tear slipped down his cheek as he whispered "I'm so sorry, John."

I stood up and walked to my dresser. I pulled out a pair of sweatpants. I walked back over to Alex and helped him put them on. I slipped on a pair of sweats and pulled Alex into me. I sat down on my bed with him and we cuddled all night long.