Chapter 26

I checked my things one last time before leaving our apartment. I am on my way outside to meet Roman; once I got there I quickly looked for his car and started walking towards it when I saw him leaning against the car door.

Honestly, I didn't want to go if it wasn't for Nick. He was the one who forced me to go with Roman, so that Roman and I can 'get along just like before', as if that's going to happen.

Nick knows about the contract and I don't see any reason why I shouldn't tell him about it, he's my boyfriend and I know that I can trust him. He also said not to worry about him and that he will just ask his mom to take my place at the hospital and for them to catch up on each other's lives, which I guess is good.

"Hey." Roman greeted.

"Hey." I greeted back without looking at him before getting inside the car.

After a few minutes, we were on our way to the airport to pick up Jojo. I would be lying if I said I didn't want to meet Roman's daughter, recalling the picture that I saw at Roman's hotel room before I can tell that she's a nice kid. I just hope that she's not like her dad, whose looks can easily decieve everyone.

As we get closer to the airport I can't help but to get more curious and excited to meet Jojo.

"So...what's Jojo like?" I asked hesitantly before finally looking at him. He looked at me for a brief second then focused again on the road.

"You'll see." He said with a smile, making me feel butterflies in my stomach.

I was sitting there at the waiting area and just finished a conversation with Dolph on the phone. I felt relieved that he was still doing fine and nothing bad happened to him. I was waiting for Roman to come back, hopefully with his daughter. He instructed me to just wait here while he looks for Jojo.

Finally, I saw him walking towards me with a little girl in his arms. I can't help but to smile at the view in front of me. Seeing Roman with his daughter is a bit strange, but in a good way, he seems like he's complete.

"You must be Jojo." I said cheerfully when they stopped in front of me.

"Are you my mommy?" She said with this anticipating eyes waiting for me to say 'yes' which surprised me and Roman. I don't know what to do, I don't want to break the little girl's heart and just say no but I have to say the truth. Anxiety was building up inside of me and all I could do was to look at Roman for him to understand that I need his help.

Roman grabbed the attention of his daughter by calling her name.

"Babygirl, um, that's not mommy she's just my friend okay?" He explained to her as gently as possible and I just held my breath waiting for Jojo's response.

"She's not mommy?" Jojo said in a low, disappointed tone, almost like a whisper. I started to panic when her eyes got all watery and just like that she started crying.

"Jojo, baby, I'm sorry, please stop crying." I tried everything that I could to make her tears stop and thankfully it was stopped but was later on turned into laughter.

"Gotcha! I was only kidding!" She said while pointing her tiny finger at me and then laughed again. I was getting more confused but I just decided to play along.

"You got me there little girl!" I said then placed my hands on my chest while letting out a sigh of relief.

"Where did you learn that from, Jojo?" Roman asked her with a serious face.

"Uncle Deano! He said that I could use this prank when you bring girls with you so they could run away, but she's an exception since you said that she's your friend." She explained while stuttering and a lot of pauses for her to breath which I find adorable. I just couldn't believe Dean told her to scare away girls that are with Roman.