Chapter 6

Peeta's pov

I wake up and see that Katniss is snuggled into me,her legs tangled with mine.Her arms are wrapped tightly over my torso and my arms are holding her in place.I smile when I notice she isn't having a nightmare.That makes two of us.Just like the train all I need is her to ward off the night terrors.I shift slightly,trying not to wake her up.I want to stay like this just a little longer.

"Peeta,"Her soft voice freeses me.I glance down at her just as her eyes flutter open.They meet mine and widen before I can't look away from them."What time is it?"She asks softly.

I blink breaking the spell she has me under "Um,early?"

She smiles at me and stirs to get up.I sigh and release her.Why can't we just stay like this?Oh right,Gale.

She slowly gets up and stretches out her muscles before she falls back onto the bed and turns to face me."Whats the plan for today?"

I gaze at her for a minute,losing myself in her beauty before I answer "Whatever Prim wants,right?"

She sits up "Right.I better go check on her,"And with that she leaves the room.

Sighing I get up,take a shower and get dressed.When I get down the stairs Katniss bumps into me.She looks up and gives me a breathless smile.My breath hitches and I just stare at her "Hi,"She says and then scurries away from me.

Confused I follow after her.She darts into the sitting room,looks around and heads out the back.I rush after her "What're you running from?"

She whirls around to face me "I threw flour on Dan and now he wants to fight me.I don't wanna put your friend in the hospital Peeta,"She sounds so serious that I just laugh.

"Why did you throw flour at him?"

She shrugs "He annoyed me,"

I just look at her.She has to realise what she does to me.Everyone else can,even Gale."So why would he be put in the hospital?"

She gives me a flat look "Between the two of us who would win?"

She has a point there.

"Kat!"

She grimaces and runs down to the back of the garden.She stops when she remembers theres a dome here.So she takes off in the other direction and climbs the tree.She hides herself in the branches just as Dan stumbles out.He looks like hes half way to being froosen with the paleness of his skin.But thats just the flour.Choking back laughs I say "Hey Dan,what happened to you?"

He glowers at me "Your new house guest.Tell me shes not living here forever?"

I stiffen.I like having her this close and the only way I'm letting her go is if she commands me to.Nothing short of that."She stays as long as she wants,"My voice is final and he gets that.

He backs away "Ok.I guess me and her will be having these fights a lot more often,"And with that he storms back into the house yelling her name and imaginary threats at her.

"Hes grumpy,"She comments from beside me.

Having her this close to me makes me nervous.Ridiculous seeing as all we have been through."Yeah.He really doesn't suit that color,"

She laughs a real laugh.I memorise the sound.I smile at her.Shes so beautiful.

"Katniss!"Prim yells from the kitchen.

And just like that our moment is shattered as she rushes back into the house.

I follow her lead and the two of us end up in the kitchen.Prim has gathered all the remaining paint buckets which now are arranged in neat lines.