Chapter 4

Louis' POV

"Want to see something cool?" I whisper to Sarah after the teacher steps out of the class. She ignores me, scribbling something down in her notebook. She's been doing that for the past half hour.

"Sarah, what're you doing?" I ask, peering over her shoulder nosily. She shrugs away and continues doodling. I smile and realize she's drawing the guitar I have in my bedroom.

"You remember?" I ask, smiling brightly.

I'm so happy.

All those little things.. My guitar... My computer login... My phone password.. All those little things she remembers.

"Go away." She says coldly and I back off.

Why is she so cold? She's the one drawing MY guitar.

I shrug it off and sit back in my seat.

"Sarah," I whisper in the sexiest tone I can manage. She widens her eyes at her paper but continues doodling.

"I want to show you something." I whisper, biting my lip. I smile as I do it, knowing she's eyeing my lip ring.

"I'm with Todd." She lies. I smirk.

"Doesn't mean I can't show you something that's REALLY important." I tease, knowing she's lying. She rolls her eyes and stares back at the paper, blushing deeply.

"C'mon." I gently slide her palm into mine and she widens her eyes at me.

"Hurry before the teacher comes back!" I can't help but squeal in a whisper. Sarah smirks playfully and rises from her seat.

"Close your eyes." I whisper in her ear, brushing my lips over it. I feel her shudder against me and smirk, tugging her out the door. I start running down the hall and Sarah follows me, one hand over her face.

It's like the life has returned to her body.

She's smiling now, brighter than ever, and laughing.

I just want to hear her make this beautiful sound for the rest of my life.

"Shhhh...." I whisper, kissing her nose. She doesn't flinch, but smiles.

"Can I open my eyes now?" She teases, smirking.

"Yes, love." I whisper back. She opens her eyes just as I start walking up onto the auditorium stage. I smirk at her as I go behind the curtain to grab my guitar. I start playing Sweet Child 'o Mine and she smirks wryly, sliding into a chair in the front row. She laughs eagerly as I grab a mic-stand and drag it to centre stage.

I start singing and can't help but smile as Sarah's eyes light up in shock. She looks amazed and fascinated by my voice, and it makes me smile so big that my cheeks hurt. When I stop playing she's clapping loudly.

"Amazing." She breathes.

"Does that mean...?" I trail off hopefully, eyes not leaving hers. Sarah frowns, avoiding my gaze.

"Look, Louis, this was amazing and all, but I'm not getting back together with you. I don't give second chances." Her words stab into me and I have to take a step back, hand over my heart.

"It's not that I don't want to, I'm just... Like that." She adds quickly, sighing as her eyes fill with pity and sympathy.

"Do you realize how selfish that sounds?" I blurt out. Sarah widens her eyes at my words and her lips press into a tight line.

"What're you trying to say? That I'm not good enough for a second chance?" I shout angrily, pain lacing my tone. Sarah furrows her brows in concern.