Chapter Five: The Eggnog

The rest of the dinner went by pretty fast.

Everyone finished eating, ate the cookies, and left.

Not, of course, without being reminded by my mom about the party at her friend's house Martha tomorrow night.

So here I am, almost ten o' clock at night, already dressed and late to the party.

What's new?

I applied some nude lipstick to my lips and touched the sparkly blue fabric skirt of the dress, adoring how it looked with the black lace on the top.

I ran over a hand by the blonde curls in my head, grabbed my keys with my purse and headed to the front door were I heard Amy's Van horn, letting me know they were here.

Everyone else left twenty minutes ago while I was waiting for Amy to pick me up, I'm sure she got caught up dressing the kids.

I opened the door, quickly getting inside because of the chilly snow in my bare legs.

I closed the door as I got in and greeted the two cute very alike faces of Daniel and Chris.

"Hey kids!" I said

"Hi Aunt Eri" they replied at the same time

That was creepy

Amy turned around in the passenger seat and gave me a smile.

"Hey, sorry we're late. Daniel started playing at the backyard and we had to shower him" she said "Again" she added, giving Daniel a dirty look

He just smiled sheepishly.

"That's alright. I take five hours to get ready anyways" I joked

Tyler began driving.

The rest of the car drive was Chris and Daniel telling the worst jokes in human existence while the rest of us chuckled at how bad they were.

Ten minutes later we parked in an overcrowded street in front of a huge house filled with Christmas lights and decorated Pine trees.

We made our way through the snow path towards the house.

Inside, Jingle Bell Rock was playing loudly while the people talked happily to each other.

Alright, well...

I don't know anyone here

Suddenly a woman with short brown hair and pearls came rushing into me with a drink in her hand.

"Oh, darling!" she exclaimed looking at me

I turned around to see if there was anyone else she might be talking to.

"Erika!" She said again

Definitely me

She hugged me hard, the smell of cigars and Channel filled my nostrils.

I didn't know who she was.

"You don't recognize me?" she asked, almost hurt

Obviously not

I just shook my head.

"Oh well" she shrugged dismissively "It was a long time ago. I've known your mom for years"

She must be Martha, the host.

"It was a pleasure seeing you, dear" she took my hands and looked me in the eyes "Enjoy the party" she winked