Hogwarts AU (Part 1)

Disclaimer: I EDITED this, bc I wanted to... if I remember I will probably edit a lot of my chapters.

INSPIRED BY THIS TUMBLR AU THING

Cheers drowned the crunch of grass under their feet. Aelin was damned if Gryffindor was going to lose to Slytherin. After this, beating Hufflepuff would be easy- she could almost feel the weight of the Quidditch cup in her hands. The whistle blew and she launched off the grass, zipping towards the already sinking Quaffle. A swoosh behind as a player took flight told her Aedion was trailing her. 

She ignored him, focusing on the red ball. Below the ball there was a flash of green on a broom. It only slowed to wrap its pointed hand around the Quaffle, allowing Aelin to catch a glimpse of Manon Blackbeak's sneering face. The sick smile didn't last long, Manon hurled the ball to the other side of the field, giving Aelin the chance to dart forward and intersect it. She grasped the ball in one hand, clenching her teeth as she hurled her broom towards the Slytherin goal posts. 

Then Aelin rammed into leather and flesh. 

A gasp rumbled through the crowd. 

The player she had hit crumbled and they began to fall, Aelin's only free hand shot out and clutched the green hood. She yanked them up to see Elide Lochan- Aelin almost felt bad about running into the sweet girl, but if Elide had been darting for the Snitch it was worth it. She brushed her off, gripping the Quaffle under her arm and launched herself at the goal posts. A Bludger howled as it came at her, feet away, Aedion appeared. Holding the bat with one arm, he knocked it towards the sky. Aedion grinned at her from under his mess of golden hair. She grinned back, before tossing the Quaffle to Ansel on the other side of the court. The Slytherin Keeper's head followed the ball, his broom drifting to the far right post. Aelin swooped closer. Her cousin bursted to center field, firing a rogue Bludger in the Keeper's direction, making him drop several feet to avoid it. The Quaffle was returned to her. She flung the ball at the largest post. There was a flash of movement and then Keeper was there. He spun in the air, barely reaching the ball in time to kick it at Manon. 

Aelin cursed under her breath, it had been an open shot. 

The Keeper hoisted himself back onto his broom, "You're going to have to do better than that Galathynius."  

Aelin stiffened, she hadn't thought he knew her last name- only that she was Aedion's cousin, "Go to hell, Whitethorn."

o-0-o

Aedion shifted his grip on his broom, "Damn, I hate Rowan."

Aelin nodded and shrugged, "He's skilled though." 

"Not good enough." Her cousin growled. " I'm better." 

 She huffed a laugh, looking at him from the corners of her eyes, "Not as Keeper."

His eyes narrowed as they drifted to her, "Maybe. But in everything else, I'm the superior." 

"Didn't he get better O-levels than you?" 

"Yes," Aedion pursed his lips and looked away, "but I've done better than him in other years." 

The moment of silence was filled with a rush of wind, the Slytherin chasers were in their brutal flying formation. Faline moved to the right and Aelin darted between her and Manon- The chaser didn't see her in time to halt her pass, throwing it directly to Aelin. 

Ansel was on the in mid field left, she tossed the ball over the chasers' heads. She didn't need to look to know Ansel caught it.

Aedion stopped beside her, "Plus- socially, I am also Rowan's superior."