Destruction

The car took a screeching turn as noises are crashing upon each other. Lucas stops the car and immediately unbuckles his seatbelt. I clutched my chest and continued to cry and my screams no longer are visible.

Was he gone? Was he okay?

Lucas gets out the car and opens the car door of my side, grasping me into his arms. I continued to cry on his shoulder while trying to block out my cries and listen to his soothing voice. It wasn't working as well.

My sobs became louder and his voice blended in with the sounds of the world.

" Riley you will okay." Lucas whispered into my ear faintly.

I didn't believe it. For someone who seemed to have a lot of hope, I was losing it fast. It was crumbling right before my eyes. He continues to let me cry on his shoulder as he strokes his hand through my hair.

I was continually having a breakdown one after another. It was inevitable.

It was over.

I eventually stopped crying and told Lucas to continue driving to the destination.

" I love you okay," Lucas says to me as he lifts my chin up to make eye contact. I could almost see my reflection in his eyes and it wasn't good. I looked like a wreck. A damaged piece of wreck that got destroyed in an instant.

" I love you too," I answer back. He gives me a faint smile and closes the passenger door, running to the other side to go. The car starts to initiate again as I clench my knees together to my chest and hope.

Just hope that maybe everything's okay. I don't think I was getting what I had in mind. Even hope wasn't carried to me. Lucas kept his hands intertwined with mine as we were getting closer. I could already feel the tears come back. I quickly shut my eyes and blink multiple times to get rid of the tears.

I don't think it was working. A silent tear rushes down my face as I take my open hand and wipe it off my shivering cheek.

I am not going to cry.

I am not going to be sad.

I am not going to breakdown again.

All these sentences embedded into my mind as I try and think of something else. Anything else. Absolutely anything. Besides reality.

Then the car came to an abrupt stop. We are here. Lucas takes off his seatbelt and comes over to my side and opens the door for me. Just as I was about to step out Lucas stops me.

" Riley, when we get in there I just want you to know that I love you and no matter what happens we will get through it together," Lucas explains.

I nod my head and slowly manage to flash a small smile as Lucas brings his lips upon mine. Short and simple. Still brought chills to me as I climb out the car and immediately grasp my hands upon Lucas's.

I take a deep breath and we walk inside. I walk to the front desk and calmly ask for the room number of the person I dearly loved. Who was hurt and possibly gone.

She quickly told me the room number and what his condition was, which only made me more tempted. More tempted to scream and cry right there. Instead I quietly run to the elevator and smash the button. My feet pressing against each other as Luca just stays by my side.

Suddenly a ding was heard and a couple of people rush out, allowing for Lucas and I to enter it. I press the button to the room as fast as I could and wait. It seemed like the elevator somehow didn't want to work properly. Time ticking and my patience lowering.

Lucas continues to caress my hand lightly with his thumb as I enjoyed his comfort. I don't think I would even have the ability to get here if it wasn't for him.

Then the elevator door opens and I step my foot out and run. I suddenly got this jolt of energy. To run. I let go of Lucas's hand and continue to speed down to the room.

524.... 527.....529.....521.

Found it. I hear footsteps trail behind me as my heart suddenly starts to beat fast. I turn the door knob and everything is put into view.

My parents. The doctor talking to them. A used hospital bed. A murmuring heard in the distance. Eyes suddenly fixated on me. The feeling of emotions rush in as I manage to speak out one word.

" Auggie?"

840 words

A/N: I'm back. I'm so late. Sorry I've been really busy with school and stuff, you'll be getting slow updates. I will post whenever I have the time or inspiration. Also I come back and see 9k reads on my book. 9K. I CANNOT BELIEVE IT. I want to thank every single one of you guys and I just can't believe it. Thank you for everything.