Prologue

A/N: So this is my first FanFiction. And first story on wattpad. I'm a huge star trek nerd and love reading fanfic so I thought I'd try my hand at it. Please tell me what you think. This first part is super short. I'm still trying to come up with a good idea for the story. Hopefully I'll update soon. Enjoy :)

Also I do not own Star Trek or any of the Star Trek characters. I do however own my original character Amser Deidra.

I woke up today. I woke up and didn't know where I was, or when. I woke up and saw a bright light above me. I heard beeping and humming, the symphony of machines. Turning my head, there was a figure in a blue shirt and black pants. Their head full of brown hair. They faced away from me, carefully studying a screen. Looking around more it looked like some sort of hospital. So maybe they're a doctor? I should say something. I opened my mouth but instead of words I began coughing. My throat hurt, like I had used sand as a lozenge. My eyes started watering as my coughs became uncontrollable. The person in blue whipped around and rushed to my side. Grabbing a near by glass, they held it to my mouth. Water splashed everywhere. Finally my coughing stopped and I was able to hold the glass for myself and downed what was left.

I looked up at the man next to me. He had soft brown eyes. His brows were furrowed in worry.

"Thank you." I said handing him the glass. My voice was hoarse.

"Don't mention it. I wasn't sure you were ever going to wake up. You took one hell of a pounding." He replied setting the now empty glass on the table.

"H-how long was I asleep?" I asked, panic starting to rise in my chest. I watched him look down, then back up at me. He sighed, "two weeks."

My eyes went wide. Two weeks. I had been asleep for two weeks? How did that happen? I raked my mind, searching for a memory to indicate what I had faced. I couldn't remember anything. My mind was blank. Nothing.

"What happened?"

"I was hoping you could tell me that. We had followed at strong energy reading to a class M planet. Uncolonized. Myself and a few others transported down to get a closer look at what was happening. For a while nothing, but suddenly there was a wave of energy. It knocked us all back a few dozen feet. And there right at the source was you. Mangled and hardly conscious." He explained while walking around me. In his hand was a strange device that beeped and whirred. He was moving it over my bed. He stopped.

"Then what?" I asked, knowing there was more.

Setting down the device, he looked at me intently. "You really don't remember?"

I shook my head no.

"Well, we ran to help you of course. I had just finished checking your vitals when you looked up at me...." He paused, searching my face,"....and said my name."

I felt my heart hammering in my chest. The room began to spin. His brown eyes locked onto mine as darkness consumed me.