PREFACE

(начало)

   "SHE...LOOKS NORMAL."

   "What the hell do you mean? Normal? What's that supposed to mean?" Tony asked in a frenzied, annoyed tone. A tone that - to his obvious dismay - didn't do much for him. Let alone the moods of all the Avengers as they gathered around the table they sat at currently.

   Steve let out a sigh, shooting Tony a heated glare as he crossed his arms over his chest, averting his eyes back to the television screen where the scene was playing out, ignoring the agitated question Tony has shot at him. Tony was right, though, she did look...normal. Though according to all of their eyes, they saw she clearly was not anywhere close to the meaning of the word.

   Steve picked up the remote, clicking off the television with one swift motion.

   "So?" Natasha was the first to come through, breaking the tired silence within the group. Steve sighed heavily, running a hand through his already disheveled hair. Natasha's red hair flicked around her shoulders as she shook her head back and forth, a small chuckle escaping her lips. "What are we supposed to do about the girl?"

   "How do we know they're even a girl?" Sam's words poked through, making Natasha give him a dumbfounded look, rolling her eyes sassily.

   "She moves like I move, moron," Natasha replied, her arms now crossing across her chest, too. With that, the group returned to silence. The group had been extremely hostile lately, they all had noticed. The group never worked well together in a hostile environment. Unfortunately, Natasha and Tony just got sassier, Sam and Wanda got meaner, and Vision and the rest got more on edge. That being good for Vision, but sadly, not the rest.

   "What are we going to do about it?" Steve asked the question no one else seemed to bring up, though he didn't think anyone else cared. She was just a random girl who was dangerous. Extremely dangerous, in fact. Yet they still didn't even have the motive to go see what the hell she's doing. Or why she's even doing it.

   "Who says we have to do anything?" Tony said. He suddenly moved forward, pressing down on a button on his watch and bringing up the video that was previously on the television, up for his own personal use. "We have never seen her before in our lives. We don't even know her super villain name," Tony said sarcastically and dramatically, causing Steve to once again roll his eyes at Tony's sarcasm and sass.

   Steve focused hard on the hologram only a few feet from his face, still brought up on Tony's watch. He watched the women's movements like a lion would watch a gazelle, but to his dismay, it may have been the other way around. A few moments went by of just staring at it loop about before a moment of realization flickered on Steve's features.

   "What if she isn't bad?"

§

story playlist:
'db.' on my spotify (@bljukich.02)!