4 | DAYBREAK

(рассвет)

   WHAT THE HELL is happening? Gray thought, her hands pressed firmly to her temples as her thoughts ran ramped.

   Gray's mind was rattling with thoughts that just made her more and more frustrated. Where would she go now that she's been spotted and taken in by the famously heroic Avengers? Would she ever be able to settle down? An answer: no, she wouldn't. HYDRA would always find her somehow. Whether she tried her best or not. She just hoped if HYDRA came across the Avengers, they wouldn't give up word on her whereabouts.

She didn't know where she was going to stay. Considering she was running for a long time now, she wanted to settle down for a bit. Maybe help somebody out at their house for a place to stay in return. She didn't know. Her insides have been turned from gracious, selfless, and other holy attributes - into the most unholy soul she could imagine. She hated it.

She was now sat in a large room, windows on every wall, a cup of coffee half-full sitting in front of her that she had abandoned awhile back. She couldn't tell how long she had been sitting in that chair, pushed up to the long table in front of her. Mostly because she had zoned out the majority of the time. She barely even remembered getting in here. All she remembered was asking Bucky, Tony, and Captain America (who she found out was named Steve) if she could leave the room and be alone for awhile. After Bucky nodded and approved the ordeal, for some odd reason trusting her, Tony nodded, standing and signaling for Gray to follow, leading her to most likely the highest level in the building they were in, telling by how far up she was when looking out the crystal clear windows.

Her eyes were zoned into the blank table like lasers, focusing on nothing but her thoughts. She didn't even want to imagine time and life outside of the moment she was in. She wanted it to all end here and now. That sounded extreme, granted. But she had so much rage built up within her mind and body, aimed towards HYDRA and herself. They ruined her, and she let them. Not that she could stop them back then, but she kept telling herself she could. It drove her mad.

Suddenly, the door opened. Even the small, nonexistent click of the door made her come back to her senses, standing quickly and getting in a defensive stance. Being ready to lunge or dodge at any second.

Bucky's face peered through the doorway, stepping in fully after making sure she was decent. Her defensive stance did not change, however, she only relaxed slightly at the sight of him. Not quite knowing if he would be a threat or not.

They stared at each other, expressions cold, for some time. Silence engulfing the room like a wildfire in a California forest. Finally she spoke, her voice lower than before. "Did you come in here to see me for a reason?" She asked, her voice calm and without anger for once, which surprised them both. The emotion barely showed, only through silence and void of expression.

"Yes," Bucky stated, letting out a breath as he lifted his right arm, pushing it through his locks of hair. She had to admit, he had a sort of rugged handsomeness that wasn't found in most. The fact that his past was very much combatted with her own for which was worse, she found that oddly alluring. "A few of the Avengers have a safe house in New York, by a few, I mean Natasha, Steve, Sam, and I. Not including the few that come in and out between missions. Also, by safe house, I mean a large  apartment. Steve suggested we keep you under our gaze for a few weeks. You're welcome to come stay for awhile if you want," he explained, making direct eye contact the whole time until the end, where his vision ducked, eyeing the half-wasted cup of coffee.