Chapter 21

//3 months later//

Adalyn's POV

I ugh I can't believe I have to leave home today. At least I have Nate. I change into gray ripped skinny jeans, black tank top that says school sucks and white vans. I put on Nate's old jean jacket I stole over the summer from when we went to the drive in. I braid my hair back into a bun and do light make up. I put on my heart ring and superman necklace.

 I put on my heart ring and superman necklace

I finish packing up my clothes. The movers took alot of my stuff a few days ago. I look at the picture on my desk of me, my mom and Dad. It was taken a few weeks before she died. I pick up the picture and trace the outline of her face in the picture. I miss her, I know she would be so proud of me though and so so happy for Dad." I have a picture next to it of Me, Angela and Dad at my graduation. I love this picture.

You can see the smiles on both of there faces. They look so happy. "Hey, you all packed?" Angela says from the door way. Today is one of her few days off. I sigh. "Almost." She catches on to my slight sadness. "What's up, you seem down?" She sits down on my bed. "I'll guess I don't like the idea of leaving home. I mean yeah I'm still really excited for it. Just going to miss everyone." She nods. "When I moved from Chicago to PA to go to med school my life changed completely. It was a good change. I grew so much as a person. I still keep in tough with my roommate. Adalyn don't let the fear of leaving make you miss out on college experience."

I pull her in for a hug. "Thanks take care of him while I'm gone." She laughs. "I don't think that will be a problem." She helps me pack the rest of my stuff and carry it downstairs. "Hey I'm making you kids breakfast for the 6 hour car ride." Dad says when I get downstairs. "I can't believe your leaving." Nash says giving me a huge hug. I laugh. "Hey I'll be home soon. I'll be visiting a lot so don't worry." I give Ethan, Grayson and Rebecca hugs too. When I get to Nikki and McKenna they are in full on tears.

Then I start crying. "Don't cry." We all fail and start crying before pulling each other in for a group hug. "How are we going to survive with out you?" Nikki says. "Yeah, Nikki might burn the house down if I have her cook." McKenna says. We all start laughing. "Hey 4 years and will be back here "

We eventually stop crying enough to eat. "Hey family." Nate says as he walks in the door. Since he basically spent all summer with us, while his family was in Bora, Bora. "Hey." We all chorus back to him. He walks over and gives me a kiss on my temple before sitting down beside me. "Well have to leave in about and hour." He says while making himself a plate. I nod. "You sure you don't want to come with us?" I ask Dad. He shakes his head. "We'll stop by a little bit later." Me and Nate nod.

We finish breakfast and load up the car. Too soon it's time to leave. Pumpkin has gotten so big same with Maverick. They hop in the back seat of Nate's car. A tear faced Nikki and McKenna come up and give me a big hug. I find myself crying too. Forget about make up. "I'm going to miss you guys so much." I says as we pull apart. "Hey we can video chat." Nikki points out. "You kept me sane my whole damn life woman how am I supposed to be sane while your gone?" I laugh. "Ethan can probably help you with that." She just shakes her head and laughs.