Tyler Oakley knows

A/N: these chapters are longer but worth it
--------------------------------------------------

The teacher walked in, and Joe sat back and waited patiently as she explained the lecture of the day, which took a while, considering she was hung over as fuck. Joe had seen her at a sorority party last night, even though teachers weren't allowed to party on campus facilities.

Conor leaned in and whispered in Joe's ear "she's damn fine, you know, that's why they let her in" Joe agreed, wholeheartedly, a hundred percent agreed.

His teacher had the best body he had ever seen a 35 year old have, with her dark, long soft hair and even darker skin that gave Joe goosebumps. Not to mention her body, let's just say she was just like she wanted to be.

Jack chuckled besides him "don't drool, Joe" Joe rolled his eyes "saw you drooling over mister Sawyer during the editing lesson as well" Jack continued and Joe flicked him on the forehead. "That, is  between me and my dick, stay out of it"

Behind him, he heard a boy snort, and he smiled at no one in particular. It felt good to have someone recognize how funny he is. From behind, another boy chucked and he heard a kissing sound.

Ah, now he knows who the pair is. Dan and Phil, who only share this class at university, that with them being in different  careers and all. He always liked them, especially after seeing Dan wear some black earrings at school the day after Joe had been publicly humiliated for getting his own ears pierced.

Joe looked around, bored, seeing how his friends had taken it upon themselves to give a shit for once, and were actually paying attention.

He wondered if anyone would pay attention to him, if anything were to happen.

Thoughts swirled around his head, creating gashes so deep Joe actually felt a pounding headache, and so he decided to stop it all, stop the pain, in one of the ways he knew how.

He wrote, passion spilling through his black pen, feelings uncaged and freed for his eyes to see plastered on white paper.

He wrote:

And it's impressive how much
A song or a poem can
Speak right to your soul
Even if you weren't quite sure
You still had one

He groaned, unhappy with the words that covered the paper, and threw it to the floor, crumpled and ragged.

The lesson came to an end, and he rushed out of the conference room, worried he might be late to his experimental photography class, that just happened to be his favorite "Hey, watch where you're going" he heard and stopped dead in his tracks. For once, it wasn't aimed at him.

Slowly, he turned around to see Tyler Oakley being pushed around by Sam Pepper, a guy no one liked after an incident at one of the parties where he had harassed many, many girls.

"Fucking shit" Dan said, clapping his hand over his eyes as Phil sighed and patted his head.

Joe's blood boiled with rage, knowing he could defend the older and cuter boy, Tyler, but risk everything he had fought for so far by doing so. Did it make him a bad person to stand back and watch it happen, even if standing up for him meant social suicide?

Before Joe could decide what to do, Tyler showed he had courage enough for the both of them "you stay out of my way, don't make me pepper spray you" he growled and walked away, leaving Sam behind to growl as people around laughed at him.

Joe walked, following the direction Tyler was going in, aware he was to be late.

But after what happened next, lateness was suddenly very unimportant again.