The Puppy

Percy Jackson's POV

My name is Percy Jackson and I've been kicked out of more schools than I can name in the seventeen years I've been alive. I got kicked out of all those schools for stupid things really.

Setting fire to the grass. (That was once and that was an accident!) Getting into a fight with a older kid who was harassing a kid almost half my size. Also when I started telling everyone that my teacher was a monster from Greek Mythology....To be fair they truly seemed like they were. Honest!

I was woken up by my alarm clock going off playing 'Couldn't Stop Caring' by The Spiritual Machines. I sleepily reached out of my blanket that I was hiding under and pressed the snooze button.

Today was the first day of my new school. I was a junior and I was going to this school called Half Jupiter High. The name was really weird but when I asked my mother she just shrugged.

I was resistant to getting up out of bed. Because I mean another new school meant another being the new kid season. Those days never went well.

But before I could burrow under my blanket again my mother barged in tugging the sheets off of me. She then yelled at me with her hands on her hips.

"Perseus Jackson!" I groaned loudly trying to hide my face in the pillow.

"First of all, what I have told you about sleeping in only your boxers? At least put sweatpants on!" She shook her head in disapproval.

My mother then walked to my window and started tugging on the string that opened the blinds exposing my body to the sunlight.

"I'm up!" I sat up a bit too fast as my vision was blurry and I fell off of the bed. My mother laughed going over to the closet and opening it.

"Get ready for school Paul is going to take you" My mother said kissing my cheek before walking out of the room.

Paul was my mother's husband and he apparently was a teacher at my new school. He was nice enough I guessed. I never knew my real father. My mom told me he passed away shortly after I was born. That was all I ever got out of her so I stopped asking.

I got up off of the floor looking over at a old picture I had on my bedside table. I was about fourteen and I was proudly holding up my swimming trophy I got from the competition.

I silently wondered if this school had a swim team. If they did I would try out. I got to my closet and just grabbed a plain shirt with a reference that most people didn't get.

'Zeus couldn't keep it in his pants' The shirt read. My mom never understood the reference. Meanwhile me being obsessed with Greek Mythology found it hilarious.

I pulled on a pair of cargo shorts that went to my knees and stuck my favorite pen which I had named Riptide which was a nickname from a old story I read as a child. I tied the shoelaces of my sneakers. I looked myself in the mirror.

Yep still black and white. All the colors had still not appeared in my vision as I had not yet my soulmate. I always wondered if they would like me or if they would be a guy or girl. Yeah I was bisexual.

My mother always told me as she had found her soulmate Paul that I had the most beautiful pair of eyes she had ever seen. Well I just saw grey in them.

I grabbed my backpack and slung it on my shoulder walking out of my room. I grabbed a cookie that was on the table and popped it into my mouth as I ran out of the apartment I lived in getting into Paul's Prius.

I put my headphones in playing some alternative music as we drove to school. I kept my eyes shut leaning against the leather seat just thinking about the lyrics from the music. 

Hey my little 4th wall breakers! How is it going? Well we are soon going to see how Percy is going to like Half Jupiter High....and Nico!