Trentino

Tom and I walked home and got ready for bed. I was just going through my phone when I heard the doorbell ring.
"Since when did we have a doorbell?" I ask myself. I shrugged it off and went downstairs.
I opened the door and was surprised to see Vanessa standing there. She didn't have much of an expression on her face.
"Oh hey Vanessa! Come on in" I greeted her politely.
"Thanks" she says, stepping inside.
"So what are you doing here...at eleven at night?" I ask her, taking a glance at the clock.
"I was just wondering if you were home" she replies taking a seat on the couch.
"Oh...well you could've texted me" I tell her, taking a seat next to her.
"I know, but I was driving by so..."
"Where were you?"
"The bar" she says casually. My eyes widened.
"The bar? You never go to the bar" I shockingly say.
"Yea well...see Tom and I broke up" she quietly tells me. I look down at my feet and bite my lip. Should I tell her that I knew that, and now was dating him...again? Or should I act surprised and keep a secret?
"Uh Vanessa?"
"Yea?"
"Listen, I have something to tell you"
"Yea?" She says looking straight in my eyes. I was getting real uncomfortable, but this was my friend.
"I'm uh...dating Tom again" I admit. She blinked once and grew furious.
"Bitch!" She shouted and punched me in the face.
"Dude, what the hell!" I say rolling on top of her.
"You can't do that to me!"
"You dated my husband when I left for the army!" I shout back.
"That's different!"
"How?" I ask. She groans and rolls on top of me.
"Uh Tom, you should figure this out" Tord shouts up the stairs to Tom. Tom came down and pulled Vanessa off of me.
"Vanessa, I don't want to deal with you right now, so I think it's best you just leave" Tom tells her. She stayed silent and walked out the door. I laid there on the floor watching her leave without any doors slamming.
"Are you alright?" Tom asks me. I look up at him.
"I...think so..." I say helping myself up.
"I just don't feel like doing anything tonight" Tom admits, resting his chin on my head.
"I don't blame you" I tell him.