I Need Some Sleep

7 Months Later

I was watching tv alone, snuggled up in a soft blanket and in my cozy pajamas. I was watching a scary movie alone, which isn't the smartest thing to do, but oh well. The front door opens so I turn around and see Tom.
"Hey Tom!" I smile. He comes over and he looks like he's been buried in snow.
"What happened?" I ask, taking my blanket off of me and wrapping it around Tom after he took his hoodie off.
"Edds car broke down on the way back from the airport and I had to push it all the way back" he tells me with an annoyed tone.
"Why didn't you call me?" I asked.
"I left my phone here" he says.
"I'll make you some hot chocolate"
"Okay" he says.
"Also, what are you watching?" He asks.
"It's called Escape" I reply.
"It's supposed to be a scary movie" I add.
"So how long are Edd, Matt, and Tord going to be gone for?" He asks.
"Well they said they're going to America first for about a week then to Norway for another week, so about two weeks" I tell him.
"This'll be nice" he sighs.
I came back with two mugs of hot chocolate with whipped cream and cinnamon.
"Thanks" he says as I handed him his hot mug. We watched the movie till it ended.
"I'll be back" he says while getting up and heading upstairs to his room. I flip through the channels to find something else to watch.
Hours passed and Tom still wasn't down here. I turned the tv off and listened for a moment. Nothing.
"Tom" I called out, but no answer. I got up and went to his bedroom door. I knocked then walked in, thinking he was sleeping.
"Tom?" I called out again. I shut his door and continued to search the house. The lights started to flicker and i was starting to feel uneasy.
"Tom, if you're trying to scare-" I begin to say but the lights completely turned off. I walked in the kitchen and grabbed a lighter and some candles. I lit them and set them around the house.
I decided to call Tom, thinking he brought his phone with him. Nope. I found it on the kitchen table.
"Tom?" I called out again. I sighed and went outside. I went to Eduardo's and knocked on the door.
"What are you doing here?" Eduardo spat.
"Have you seem Tom?" I asked straight up.
"No, that bozo is all over the place" he chuckled. I sighed and began to walk away. I went back inside and put on a hoodie, and my tennis shoes. I stepped outside and the breeze was thin and crisp.
"Tom" I said lowly as my teeth chattered. I stepped inside a cafe and asked for a hot chocolate. I sat down at a booth and waited for my order. I looked out the window and saw a man with spiky hair and a blue hoodie walking down the street. I jumped up and ran out.
"Tom!" I shouted. He turned and saw me running towards him. I embraced him in a hug.
"What the hell is wrong with you?" I asked him angrily.
"What" he asks.
"You left me without telling me where you went"
"I was but you fell asleep and I wasn't going to wake you up"
"Oh...well next time take your phone"
"Alright, I'm sorry" he says hugging me again.
"Come in the cafe, I'm cold and I ordered a hot chocolate" I said while dragging him across the street.
     We sat across each other at the booth and drank hot chocolate and ate warm fresh muffins.
"Where did you go anyway?" I ask while taking a sip of my drink.
"I was on my way to buy flowers, but then you stopped me" he explains.
"Well...I'm sorry. And flowers for what?"
"Our anniversary"
"...oh my god! I'm so sorry! I forgot that was today!"
"No don't worry! I forgot too, but Edd reminded me"
"Aww well I owe you big time now" I say.
"Don't worry about it! Seriously!"
"No, I didn't even get you anything and I forgot!"
"It's fine really, we still have twenty six minutes of the day" he says looking at his watch.
"Oh that reminds me! Power went out at home and I left candles lit" I say.
"Good job" he sarcastically says.
"At least it'll smell nice when we get home" I say. He laughs.
"That is if the house is still there and not burned to ashes".