07

i blinked.

i tried my best to stay calm as my eyes landed on the beautiful girl in front of me, clad in a pair of wide framed black glasses with her hair in an intricate side braid.

classy but casual, i thought.

"yeah, i am." i smiled. "what a coincidence to see you again."

she nodded and laughed before turning to the bookshelf i was looking at.

"ah, here it is," she mumbled to herself. i caught the almost inaudible words with my ears and smiled to myself at the dimple that appeared on the side of her cheek.

"what's that for?"

she shrugged. "just for fun." she said, handing me the book.

"is this a poetry book?" i questioned when i took the book from her, our fingertips lightly brushing against each other.

"yes. i love poetry." she said, adjusting her glasses. "i'm majoring in literature."

"it's cool that you're doing something you love to do," i said, skimming through each individual poem.

"what about you?" she asked. i closed the book and handed it back to her.

"i'm... still in high school," i sheepishly admitted. "i'm graduating in a couple months."

she looked surprised. "i never would have guessed," she laughed. "anyways, i need to go, i have a prior commitment to head to."

"oh, sure. i'll... see you around?" i asked.

"sure," she smiles. "my name's yeoreum."

"i'm jungkook," i said, offering my hand to her. she shook it and i marveled at how small her hand was compared to mine.

"see you around, jungkook-ssi!" she said, walking to the cashier with the book in her hands.

"bye noona," i whispered, blushing at the sound of that word leaving my lips.