26

jungkook watched with a heavy heart as the two exchanged their vows and shared their first kiss as a married couple. 

he tried not to make eye contact with her as they walked down the aisle, flower petals flying everywhere.

after the dinner ceremony, jungkook took it upon himself to leave unnoticed.

but that wasn't successful. 

"jungkook!" 

he turned around, to be met with yeoreum, face dawned with feature flattering makeup and hair curled and to the side, attacking him in a hug.

"noona," he smiled, wrapping his arms around her. "congratulations. you look beautiful." as you always do.

"thank you for coming," she said, stepping away. "it means a lot."

he smiled at her words-- words that had probably been repeated to every guest in the room.

"how have you been?" he asked.

"well, the usual." she sighed. "work has been stressful, and wedding planning was hectic. but it was all worth it in the end."

he smiled. "i'm happy for you." i really want to be happy for you.

"thank you so much. how have you been?"

"well. but if it's not too rude, i must make an early disappearance." he said, slightly bowing.

"so soon? why not stay for some cake? or maybe--"

"i'm sorry," he interrupted. i can't handle seeing you so in love with someone else.

she smiled a sad smile. "i understand."

he turned around and took a few steps out the chapel doors before feeling arms wrap around him from behind.

"n-noona?"

they remained unmoving for a few silent moments before she pulled away, whispering,

 "goodbye, jungkookie."