Chapter Fourteen

Sam drove back from the restaurant as fast as the speed limit allowed until he reached Jess’ house. He dropped his girlfriend off and then sped home, this time way over the speed limit. He didn’t even bother to lock his car, instead bolting inside the house, yelling for Dean again.

There was no response.

Had Dean already figured it out? Cas was free? Or maybe Crowley had been lying…

“Dean!!” Sam shouted, crashing into Dean’s bedroom. “Dean—OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!?!”

“Get out of my room, Sammy,” his older brother mumbled from the bed. Sam saw another figure pressed into the bed under Dean. So his older brother had noticed Castiel was back.

“I just…uh…I think I lost my shoe,” Sam stammered, backing out of the room and closing the door behind him.

“I don’t think either of us won the bet,” a voice said from behind him. Sam spun around to find himself staring down at Gabriel, who smirked back up at him. “The sex was five months late.”

“You took all of our candy anyways,” Sam grumbled.

“You were saving it for me.”

“Was not!” Sam cried, blushing. He had a girlfriend. He was not gay. But that was what Dean had thought before he met Cas…SAM WHY THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING THIS KIND OF THING?!!? He yelled at himself.

“You know I can read minds.”

“You can?” Sam asked, horrified.

Gabriel smiled slyly. “Of course I can.” He leaned up, just like Jess had earlier that day, grabbed a fistful of Sam’s shirt, and kissed him. Sam’s surprised noise was muffled by Gabe’s lips. To his astonishment, he found that kissing the angel was a lot like kissing Jess, which was rather pleasing because they were both good kissers. So he kissed back.

“You brought him back, didn’t you,” Sam murmured against Gabe’s skin. “You brought Cas back.”

“I love him just as much as your brother does,” the angel said in response, kissing Sam again. The Winchester groaned, his conflicting emotions tugging and pulling at him in different ways. He kissed Gabriel again.

“Did you like that?” the angel asked, amused, as he stepped back from Sam.

The Winchester looked at him. He opened his mouth, but no words came out. He was utterly at a loss for words as to what to say. He didn’t want to hurt Jess, but he also wanted to admit to Gabriel that he had actually liked the kiss. It was okay.

Gabriel nodded at Sam, still amused. “I’ll be going, then.”

“No, wait, Gabriel—”

The angel was already gone.

* * * 

Dean lay back in bed as he felt exhaustion spreading over his limbs and closing his eyes. He clutched Cas’ hand tightly, just to make sure the angel could never leave him again. He closed his eyes and murmured into his pillow, “I love you, Cas.”

Castiel stared up at the ceiling. In hell he had been too afraid to sleep, in case the torturing sessions reoccurred in his dreams. But now that he was with Dean, he felt safe. Secure. It was a good feeling, one he didn’t find himself with often. As he shoved thoughts of hell out of his mind and replaced them with ones of Dean, he heard the Winchester mutter, “I love you, Cas.” It was muffled, but clearly audible to Cas.

“I love you too, Dean,” he said back, a tear sliding down his cheek. He wasn’t ever going to leave Dean. They were never going to be separated…

There is going to be a HUGE plot twist in the next (last) chapter. Please don't hate me. The devil made me do it :)