Chapter 22

Chapter 22

"Oh look at you two! Looking all gorgeous and beautiful Huh!" Margaret exclaimed in joy,  seeing the two girls in their pretty dresses.

"Well you look pretty as well aunt Margaret. In fact I think Michael will be flat on you today."

Both the girls giggled while, Margaret who was hiding her blush just chuckled a little.

"Okay enough with you two. Let's head for the event."

Both the girls went on either side of Margaret, and grasped a hold of her elbows.

On their way,  they met Jonathan who was in a tux, and looked pretty handsome for someone's liking.  And that someone was Maggie. Of course. It had to be her.

Maggie went towards Jonathan and gave him a hug.

"Awwe! Look at you! Don't you look handsome!?"

"I do? Well you look pretty marvelous too baby!"

The word 'baby' out of Jonathan's mouth, for Maggie, sounded a little foreign to her. She wasn't used to it. But oh boy when he said that, she was flat at that instant.

"Oh, so I am your baby now?" asked Maggie in demanding tone.

"Yep!"

"Well OK honey let's go to this Gala, so we can have a sweet dance. Okay?"

"Sounds pretty tempting so yeah!"

Margaret and dakota just kept on looking at the two love birds,  while Dakota was missing Jacob heavily. She wished he could be here. She just shook her thoughts and proceeded with her aunt to this event.

"Let's begin the show!!"
-------------

"My! My! You look extremely gorgeous ladies." Michael complimented to all the girls when they entered the hall.

"Thanks Michael!" they all thanked him while moving ahead to greet him.

Margaret was the first to wish him.
"Hey Michael! You look... Umm...pretty good."

"I could say the same. It's a pleasure having you all over here."

"Yeah their kids are manageable. So yeah, they are glad to be here too."

Both of them looked at the three nincompoops, while they were bickering at something at the dining area.

"Some kids they are!  Anyways I would like you to meet so many important people today. Come."

"Sure!"

And they headed ahead to have their meeting with their business colleagues.

The three of them had taken the food, and were sitting on the chairs with circular dining table, where along with them there were other people too. There was a lady,  looking pretty young. But when a very handsome guy came and called her mom,  the three of them were shocked.

"Must be a step-mom." Jonathan said looking sidewise at the girls.

"Yeah probably!"

The very same handsome guy took a seat beside Dakota,  who was beside his mom as well. Dakota shifted uncomfortably,  while giving him space to settle down.

They ate in silence and the lady spoke.

"Why don't we all introduce ourselves,  so that we are sure we aren't eating amongst strangers."

Something about this woman was nerve wrecking. And it was irritating. Why did she want to know so much? Why can't she just sit back, and have her dinner in peace and let others eat too.