Chapter 3

It was a short walk to the Posiden cabin. Which is why I made a nervous loop around it about three times, only to tell myself "pussy won't" before finally approaching and knocking on the door. After a loud crash, I was greated by a smirking Mr.Jackson, and by peeking around him I assessed he'd just tipped his dresser over.
Absolute genius.
He stepped out to door a little more, revealing his shirtless form, and it was all I could do not to yell "take me now". Such a stupid thing to get flustered over! He's just a boy with nice pecks, gods, get over yourself Nico.

    "Finally showed up, huh?" He taunted, and I wanted to punch him.

    "You never gave me a time to be here." I countered, crossing my arms, which looked much bigger than they really were under this jacket.

     "...true." He pursed his lips, before finally stepping inside. "Come on in, don't mind the mess. Uh...Mrs.O'leary was in here."

    Right, this was totally the big innocent puppy's job. How cruel of you to blame an animal, Percy. But, I came inside, and the place smelled like puberty and axe body spray, and all the other things fuckbois are made of. I turned my attention on Percy, who had riptide sticking out of his pocket. But something creased his expression, worry, fear? Nico couldn't tell.

     "I...may've had to lie to get you in here." Percy started, and I furrowed my brow. So I wasn't helping him get dressed? Damn..at least I still got a view. Still, his voice concerned me, so I walked over and parked it on one of the lower bunks, even though my heart ached to be on the taller one.

     "Somethings been bugging me." His voice sounded meek, and I watched as he palmed the back of his neck. What? I wanted to say, but my head just tilted to the side instead.

     "It has to do with Annabeth..." Oh gods, I swear, if that blonde bimbo hurt percy I would--

     "..I don't love her anymore."

     The words both startled, stunned, and relieved me. I hated that my initial thought was this meant Percy was back on the dating field, and I better get my ass up to bat so I could run the bases. Before I could even register the words leaving my mouth, I asked, "What do you mean?"

      He looked torn up, like he was beating himself up over this. He sat on the bed across from me. "I mean, I don't love her anymore. The way she fawned over me used to be cute, but now it's just...its fuckin' annoying, man. When I kiss her, there's no spark, there's no chemistry. It's like kissing a fish. You ever kissed a fish, dude?"

    Slowly, I shook my head.

    "'s not fun, dude."

    "I...would assume it isn't."

     I had to wonder, why would her come to me of all people? Jason and Piper were here, why not talk to them? He was close to Jason, right? Or Chiron, or...anyone but himself, really. As if he had read his mind, he answered.

      "I'm telling you this because I trust you, okay? Please don't...don't tell her. I'm breaking it to her tonight." He said firmly.

       I wanted to say I wouldn't, I wanted to speak, but I was so shocked the words were trapped in my brain, not filtering down through my lips like they were supposed to. I locked up. And I nodded, and managed a faint whisper of "okay". My one question is, why do it in front of a group? Tell her, I mean. Moral support? Or was he...afraid of Annabeth? I did see him bruised up from time to time, but I figured it was the camp battering him up. But I nearly gasped when the realization I could've been wrong hit me.

     Slowly, I watched him stand, and walk to me. And there was nothing I could to as he leaned down and wrapped his arms around me.

     "Thanks, Neeks."

      My initial thought was to elbow him in the stomach. Make him let go. But...I realized I actually kind of liked this. Faintly, I brought my arms up to barely hug back, and he squeezed me tighter.