The Start

Her heart shattered. This is what she gets for falling so stupidly for his charms. He's just like the others. She was ashamed of herself and oh so pissed.

Seventh Grade was the worst year ever for her. Ever since she started to develop many have been after her. They always abused of her nobility and her kindness.

"Ugh, go away..."

Her heart become cold and bitter from the outside, but with her confidential friends she was the happy and cheerful type.

"But Lucy..!"

She swore to herself she would never believe in a guy again. The only reason she dated them was to make them feel like she felt.

"But nothing. Go away."

Her heart was shattered by the one person that's been on her mind ever since that day. Even seven years later, she remembers.

"I thought we had something real.."

From seventh grade to her sophomore year of college, it torments her. His face, eyes, voice, his warmth haunts her. It hurts her and angers her.

"Well sweetie, you 'thought' wrong."

She was always known to break guys hearts yet so many try to change her only for two motives. One, she was the heir to the richest family in the county, and two for her glorious body that many girls envy.

"They were right. You're a heartless human."

This all happened because she saw him. He shouldn't have cheated on her. And she shouldn't have fallen so hard for him. There's so many things that shouldn't have happened.

"Glad you realized. Now go away."

And just like that, she broke up with another man. A glory grin was on her lips. That is until she turned to walk back to her dorm. The wind picked up, the cold fall air swayed her hair to the side, covering her eyes with her blonde hair.

"It can't be...."

She tucked her hair behind her ear. She stared at the figure before her. The person that's been haunting her for seven years. The cold air made him look so handsome. Her stomach churned in anger, but her heart began to beat faster than usual. She wanted to go at him, hurt him. Make him feel pain, even if it's just physical. But she couldn't.

That's when he turned around. Their eyes locked. Fallen leaves flew in between them. Pain was written all over their faces. Unfortunately for them, the path they were on was the only way to their dorms. There was a silence before he opened his lips. She looked away and began walking towards his direction now having her eyes on him.

"Luce..."

Even if she couldn't hear him, she knew he called out to her. Her head started pounding, she clenched her hands into fists keeping them tight as she walked towards him.

"Luce."

She needed to get out. Him calling her was making her feel worse. The pain of all those years was in between that gap that separated but was closing while Lucy kept walking. How she churned to run to him, to pretend that the past never happened. To get her best friend back.

"Natsu..."

Finally the words stuck on her tongue left her lips making her stop right beside him. They were both looking towards the opposite direction, side by side.

"Luce, I-"

"Natsu, no."

And once again, just like that she passed by him but stopping once she felt a strong grip on her arm. Turning around she was now face to face to him, to her past, to her pain.

"Luce... please..."

Yanking her arm away she stared at the salmon haired male standing in front of her. He kept his arm outstretched like if he wanted to embrace her, something she would feel awefully uncomfortable about.

"There's nothing we need to talk about."

Wrong. There were many things they needed to talk about. Many questions in need for an answer. Turning around once again, tears began to fall from her chocolate orbs. Sensing her pain he wanted but only embrace her into a warm hug.

"There a lot we need to talk about Luce."

Stiffening, she's had enough. She needed to get it out of her system, she needed to get her strong urge that has been consuming her ever since that day. Turning around, she walked up to him, quickly grabbing his soft cheeks pulling him into a quick but passionate kiss as quickly as she pulled him, she quickly broke it turning around to run.

"I hate you, Natsu Dragneel."

Tears sprung from her eyes while she turned around and ran away into her part of the university where her dorm was held. Leaving a pinkette touching his lips, a small stream of tears falling from his eyes, turning around and walking towards his own dorm.

Both humans not noticing that a group of people that were hiding behind a few trees and bushes. Their efforts to avoid these two to encounter each other, failing right in front of them. Now a new plan was to be set, to reunite the best friends.