Chapter 8

"Hello? Who ever you are stop calling." Tom's voice said on his phone.

"Hi, this is Mandy Libson and Fernaldo...Graze, we need to ask you a few questions." Michaela said, using her man voice.

"Tom, who ya on the phone with?" I heard Grayson Vern, Tom's best friend ask.

"Some werid chick and some physco man." He said back.

"Gimme the phone." Grayson said. We heard Tom give the phone and Grayson started talking. "So people, what do you want?" Grayson asked a bit too loudly.

"Thomas! Grayson! Who are you talking to?" Mrs. Vern yelled in the background.

"Ummm.. just friends mom!" Grayson yelled back, the hung up the phone.

"Wow how stupid is Grayson." Brittany asked.

"Pretty dang stupid if you ask me." I replied. Soon we began talking about boys and duct tape. Which made me hungry and I ran inside to grab food.

"Dad! I'm gonna get some food!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Okay! No ice cream or anything that'll sit in your stomach like a rock! Remember Florida in 2011!" He yelled back.

I remembered the family vacation, I threw up a sub on the hotel floor at the Nick Hotel at midnight since I ate a foot long BMT at eleven thirty. "Dont bring it up." I whimpered as I got some soda and chips. Then grabbed a few carrots and apples.

"Mrrw?" seemed to ask Cinderpelt.

"Fine I'll get you a plate of hot dog." I sighed, putting the food on the counters and cooking two hot dogs in the microwave and putting them out for Cinderpelt. Finally I walked outside to the barn.

"Hey Ambs, I got you a carrot." I greeted the big chestnut as I walked by his stall. I gave him a carrot and could him him munching it as I threw the chips onto the hayloft. I threw the litter of Sprite at Ally who caught it and Paige almost dropped the litter of Coke and Michaela got hit in the back of the head with red party cups.

"Umm.. Should I say ow?" Michaela questioned once I climbed up on the loft, halfway I began to have my red flannel pajama pants make me slip.

"Did it hurt?" I asked.

"No not at all." She laughed.

"Well that's Ahhhhhhh!" I screamed falling since my pants made me slip. I landed in some feed bags below with a thud. "Owww!" I moaned.

"Oh my!" Brittany gasped.

"You okay? I'm gonna get you dad!" Ally exclaimed rushing to the barn door.

"Cathy!" Claudia yelled.

"Cath! I'll get your dad too and a ice pack! Are you okay? Do we need a first aid kit or ambulance!" Michaela panicked.

"I feel.. Slee...py." I tried moaning out the words as I blacked out. The world became dizzy, blurry, and quite.

I awoke in my room. Around me was everyone including Tom. They were talking about something I couldn't seem to hear. Ally sat at my desk, Claudia in a chair next to me, Paige on the floor, Michaela and Brittany on my trunk in front of bed, then my dad and Tom on the edge of my bed.

"Agh...." I moaned trying to hear and see. I strained to get up.

"Cath?" Claudia seemed concerned.

"Ugha... Clau...Pai..All..Micha..Brit?" I could barely finish their names from the drowsiness I felt.

"Cathy!" Tom jumped up and hugged me.

"Owww..." I said.

"Were going to the ER." My dad told me, then I fell into blackness again with a thud to my pillow.