The Feeling of Solitude - Chapter One: Notebooks and Shadows

Chapter One

"Notebooks and Shadows"

________________________

"Kiseki, this is where you'll stay for a while, okay?"

I nodded obediently, holding onto that hand just for a while longer.

The tall shadow wrapped it's arms around me, breaking down and shedding it's tears on my shoulder.

Tears... Are for sorrow, right?

But sorrow... Is for goodbyes, right?

I couldn't help but feel the hot tears pouring from my own eyes, as well.

"I love you so much, Kiseki... I'm so sor-"

It's been so long...

I've been held captive by the darkness for way too long.

The dark hurts. A lot.

I'm just simply terrified.

But for you...

I'll stand strong.

So that somehow, the light in my heart may illuminate the darkness that shrouds me.

~ * ~『τhε fεεlιηg σf sσlιτυδε 』~ * ~

"Mistress!!"

I spun around quickly, with my light chocolate brown hair dancing with the impact, replying simultaneously, "Yes?"

A maid came running towards me, her skirt fluttering with each step she took. She had black hair with loose curls, which could easily blend in with the darkness of night. Despite her black hair, the maid had skin the pale color of milk, probably even more lighter. She looked so frail, and it irritated me to see her work so hard for the likes of me.

It'd all just go to waste, once my time is over in this world.

"Mistress, may I please hold your bag? You must be awfully tired...", she answered, bowing slightly.

She makes me so frustrated...

She's not my slave...

She's just another person, after all!!

"No." I turned back around, heading towards my room upstairs.

With fickle health like hers, she doesn't deserve any more burdensome weight placed upon her.

I walked up the stairs quickly, and I heard the maid's heels tapping onto the steps behind me.

"But, Mistress, I'm completely we-"

"I said no. Now take your leave."

I thrusted opened the door to my room, and before she had a chance, I slammed it right in front of her. I turned the lock before she tried to opened the door, resulting in her last resort of knocking.

"Mistress.... If I may ask, what happened that terribly upsets you? Must I dispose of it immediately?"

I heard the desperate pleading in her voice, loud and clear. If she wants to converse with me, then she may as well know that it's never going to happen.

Not ever.

"No you may not. Go away. I wish to be alone.", I replied coldly through the door.

I heard a disappointed sigh, and the tapping of heels against the wooden steps of the stairs.