Chapter 8

It had been one days since the "locker room incident" on Friday. Michael did take Luke on a car ride that day. They must have drove for four or five hours.

Luke was happy, and Michael loved to see his smile wash over his face, bringing the sky's brightest of blue into Luke's eyes.

Michael and Luke talked. They talked about everything but it didn't seem like they talked about anything. It was fun, for both of them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luke!" And angry voice called from downstairs.

Luke huffed, bringing himself off of his bed and to his door.

Luke's father hasn't been very nice to him lately. He hasn't been for a long time, but he's been more aggressive these days.

"Yeah?" Luke asked in a calm tone as he slowly walked down the stairs and into the living room.

"What is this?" Luke's father asked waving a paper around. Luke could tell whatever it was, it did not make his father happy.

"I don't know." Luke said, not sure if that question was supposed to be answered.

"Here you look at it and tell me!" He yelled, shoving the paper into Luke's chest.

Luke staggered back as he grabbed the paper. As he looked down he could see that it was his progress report. (Grades)

"It's my progress report." Luke said already knowing this wasn't going to be good because his grades weren't where they should be.

"Yeah Luke! And what do your grades look like?!" His father asked not really looking for an answer.

"Dad, these aren't final. The semester isn't over yet." Luke answered trying to keep his voice steady.

"I don't care, I want your grades up. Your brothers never got bad grades. God Luke what am I supposed to do with you?!" His father yelled furiously at him.

"You're going to get your grades up. I'm gonna call the school and get you a tutor.I want your phone. And your grounded." Luke's father said crossing his arms over his chest, looking satisfied.

"Dad, that's not fair. I-I should be able to prove to you that I can bring up my grades by myself before you take everything away!" Luke voice level increased, he was angry because his father was always pointing out the fact that his brothers never did what he did.

"You shouldn't have to prove anything Luke! Your grades are supposed to be acceptable all the time! I-I- where did we go wrong with you!? Your brothers never had the problems you do!" He exclaimed, waving his hands in the air.

"Maybe because we're not the same fucking person! Sorry I'm not a printer copy of Ben or Jack! Sorry I'm my own individual, and I do things the way I want to, instead of trying to please some asshole of a father who is unpleasable! Sorry I'm not the son you wanted!" Luke yelled in his father's face. As he finished he let out a huff, as if he had lifted the biggest weight off his chest.

Luke had blown like a stick of TNT lit from both ends. All he wanted to do was leave, so he decided he was going too.

Luke began to walk towards the door, because his father was only staring at him with anger.

"I can't take this." Luke muttered stepping inches away from the door. As Luke reached for handle his father grabbed the collar of his shirt.

"You're not going anywhere after the words you've just said. I want your phone.. Now!" Luke's father said without letting go of him.

"No, Dad  I'm sick and tired of you always yelling and complaining and telling me what an ungrateful piece of shit I truly am! Just leave me the hell alo-" 

Luke's father interrupted Luke by slamming him into the wall. Luke shut his eyes at the feeling of the pain, but he didn't make a sound.

"Luke I've had it with you. Your really starting to piss me off," his father said with gritted teeth. "I am your father, so you will listen to me. Do you understand?"

Luke was still being held against the wall, but he wasn't holding back with his father any more.

"Why do you even care?!" Luke said pushing his father's arms off of his shoulders. "I'll never be good enough for you!"

Luke expected his father to yell back at him, but Luke realized he was wrong when his father swung his fist.

Luke had no time to dodge his father's hit. The sound of the punch echoed through the house as Luke brought his hand up to his face.

"You've never punched me before." Luke said in a low tone, he kept his eyes on the floor because he didn't want his father to see the pain on his face.

"You never hit Ben, or Jack. You started hitting me when they both left. What changed? What is it about me that you can't stand dad?" Luke said quietly looking up at his father. 

Andrew didn't know what to say. He was upset because Luke was right. He would never lay a hand on Ben, or Jack. But ever since they moved out, he can't stop beating on Luke.

Luke sighed, and pushed himself off the wall, he walked over to the stair case and grabbed his black sweatshirt that was tossed over the railing.

"What are you doing?" Luke's father asked as Luke put on his sweatshirt.

"I'm leaving." Luke said as he walked out the front door.