Sorting

Alex Russo's POV

The little kids have been sorted already, it was dull.

"We have three new students this year," said Professor McGonagall. "One is a third year, the other is a fifth year, and the last one is a seventh year."

I stared off into space, wondering what Mom would say if I came back and told her about this. Probably something about my irrisponsibility, how I could have been hurt, how nothing ever good comes out of magic - the usual stuff.

"Russo, Alex," Professor McGonagall said loudly.

I looked up from my daze and smiled. "Oh - we're starting - kay." I walked up to the stool, feeling everyones eyes on me... aw. Sitting on the stool I felt the dusty hat being placed on my head, and sliding down to the bridge of my nose. "Oh - really? Now how am I supposed to-"

The hat shushed me, I scoffed but didn't say anything, thinking it was best.

"SLYTHERIN!" the hat yelled to everybody. There was a burst of applause and I went over to that table, ignoring Hermione Grangers dissapointed stare. She should have known I would have been in this house, it was the most interesting.

"Russo, Justin!"

The hat was placed on his head, he was smiling brightly like the little kids sorted ahead of us. covering my face behind one of my hands I pretended I didn't know him at all. The hat took a while to sort him, longer then me anyway, but in the end they called: "RAVENCLAW!"

There was another burst of applause and Justin went brightly to the table, almost walking away with the hat, though he straightened up, thinking no one noticed - but there was a few sniggers.

"Russo, Max!"

Max took the hat and sat on the stool looking slightly like a cowboy, he tipped it on his head alittle and put a straw in his mouth - where did he get a stray?

"Howdy, partner?" He said to everyone. "I'm Max - I'd like to play you alittle something I'd did on the train ride here."

He got up and started to do the 'Distract The Chicken Dance'.

"GRYFFINDORE!" the hat yelled, seeming a bit confused. Probably confused by Max's mind.

The Gryffindore table clapped uncertainly, probably scared to have him on their house, or still distracted by the chicken dance - whichever one I didn't care.

sorry for the over exaggerating short chapter, but I have other stories too, and I haven't uploaded on those either. :D