Welcome Back Feast

Alex Russo's POV

I shhok my head in embarrassment at my brothers and turned back to my table, where food had magically appeared out of no where.

"Those are your brothers?" A girl across from me asked, one delicate eyebrow raised.

"What? No!" I lied, scoffing at her. She raised her other eyebrow at me in disbaleif. "Okay, fine, they're both my dopey brothers."

"You poor thing," the girl looked sympathetic. "I'm an only child."

"Lucky," I replied playing with my food. "I'd give anything to be an only child."

The girl smirked at me, flicking her strawberry blonde hair over her shoulder and extending her hand out to me, her olive green eyes wide with friendliness.

"I'm Daphne Greengrass," she said.

I shook her hand, snorting. "Finally, someone with a normal name."

"Alex is a boys' name," Daphne said to me. "Your name isn't normal."

"Wha - yes, it is," I said, slightly offended but knowing she was right. "I know plenty of girl Alex's."

"Really?" Daphne raised her eyebrow again. "Name one."

"Well theres..." I pondered this for a moment and then noticed Daphne smirk triumphantly at me. "Oh - would - you - just leave me alone?"

Daphne laughed freely and pointed her fork at me. "You know what, Alex? I like you. I think we're going to be good friends."

"Aw, thank you," I said, flipping my hair over my shoulder.

Daphne burst out laughing and I laughed with her.

Justin Russo's POV

I watched Alex laugh with the pretty blonde girl in front of her and I felt like yelling out loud. She was messing up the plot to the story, and I knew that Alex and magic was bound to end in flames.

I shook my head and glanced at Max, who had no idea how dangerous this could all be. Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix was a dangerous book that people die in, and if I flashed back to Dad without Alex or Max with me I would be grounded for a month.

I was secretly glad that Alex didn't read the book before she flashed in here, or she would be babbling away about what happened, and then nothing would ever be fixed.

My eyes glanced unconsciously on Alicia, who was flipping her pretty hair over her delicate shoulders at the moment, and had a warm smile on her face. Why did I end up in Ravenclaw? I could have been with her.

I asked the hat to put me in Ravenclaw, but I had no idea that I would be seperated from Alicia.

"Hey, you're Justin, right?" a boy sitting next to me said, breaking me out of my reverie.

"Uh - yeah," I said, a smile on my face.

"Can you pass the spinich?" he asked, gesturing to the bowl of spinich an arms length away from me.

"Oh - uh - sure, okay," I said, giving it to him. The boy started to dig in, completely ignoring me.

I glanced up from my table and caught Alex's eyes. She was laughing, no doubt thinking about how unsocial I was around people I didn't know.

I could practically hear her taunting me. Your only friends are grandma and Zeke.

I grounded my teeth at her. Her brown eyes were shining at me, thinking I was too nervous to even try to speak to someone. I glanced at the boy next to me who wasn't paying anyone attention, then back to Alex's eyes which  were still daring me to do something she thought I wouldn't. Fianlly I turned back to the boy and threw Alex a cocky glance.

"Hey, erm, how are you?" I asked, a friendly smile on my face.

The boy glanced at me as though I were crazy. "Good?" he said, though he said it as though it were a question.

"Well, I'm Justin," I said, still grinning.

"Yeah. . . I know. . ." the boy seemed nervous to be next to me.

"So, I was wondering if we might be in the same classes," I continued, ignoring his look. "You could show me around."

The boy signed, he dropped the maybe he's crazy look and made the okay, I guess I have to deal with him look instead.

"I'm John Skeemer," the boy said, flipping his brown bangs out of his brown eyes. I grinned and threw Alex a look, only to see her rolling her eyes at me and turning back to her blonde friend.

Why do I never win?

Max Russo's POV

I sat at the Gryffindor table next to kids my age who seemed scared of something. They were all staring at something behind me with frightened expressions so I turned around and see the sorting hat being carried away by the stern looking professor.

"Oh, don't worry," I said, waving my hand to show them that they should just let it go. "I think the hat is meant to talk."

The kids glanced at eachother, torn between amusement and fear.

"They were looking at you," one of them said, the one who wasn't scared. "They think you might be mad."

"Don't worry, I'm not mad," I looked around myself in curiosity. "Just really, really confused. . . "

"About what?" the kid said, raising one eyebrow.

"I don't know. . . that is what I am confused about. . ." I said, narrowing my eyes to see if this was all really happening.

"Your confused as to why you are confused?" the kid seemed confused.

". . . yup, that's it," I nodded. I extended my hand for him to shake. "I'm Max."

"Preston McMillian," the boy smiled, shaking my hand.

"SO where am I?"

"Hogwarts."

"Pigfarts?"

"Hogwarts."

"Oh."

Preston looked at me oddly before shaking his head in amusement. After that, we both striked up a conversation while the others glanced at me wearily.