Chapter 2

The Bounty

We pulled unto DA Kine Bail Bonds and sat down. Leland pulled Dog to another room and I sat by Beth. "Don't worry about dad he is just protective of Leland cause if his ex." After a couple of minutes they came back and got started. They tried getting a lead and when that didn't work they geared up and got into the vehicles. U rode with Beth cause she thought me being in the other car with the guys would be torcher and cause Leland drove her car. They were on the walkie talkies most of the way. We got to the first stop and Leland said,"Don't leave Beth's side." I smiled and nodded and he kissed me and went with his dad. I was standing by Beth and the guys were yelling for the fugitive.  I was scared but my adrenaline was pumping so it was exciting.  Well until one of the guys buddies came up and got in my face. Duane Lee looked over and said,"Hey get away from her. Don't you touch her. Leland get over here your girl is in trouble."  Beth started yelling at the guy and then I heard "Get away from her.  Don't you touch her I will shoot you", Dog said.  About that time the guys says, "You think that this bitch is going to arrest my friend for something that was not his fault.  Leland came running around the corner with his pepper gun drawn.  "You better step away from my girl or I will not hesitate to shoot you with the pepper ball or mace you."  The guy backed up with his hands up. When he was far enough away Leland came up to me.  "You ok babe?"  I nodded and smiled at him.  He kissed me and went back with his dad.  The fugitive heard the commotion and came out with his hands up.  Duane Lee cuffed him and searched him.  they put him in the car and Dog and Duane Lee got in and Leland drove.  Baby Lyssa drove the car that I was in.  We went to the police station and Duane Lee booked the guy.  We got out of the car and walked over to the other vehicle.  Leland about broke his neck trying to get out of the car to get to me.  He walked over to me with his arms out.  He took me in his arms and hugged me.  "You really ok baby?"  "I am perfectly fine babe.  He didn't hurt me he was afraid of you dad and when you came around the corner with the gun drawn he freaked."  He kissed me and held me close to him.  After the guy was turned in Dog came over and asked,"You OK?" I nodded and thanked him. "Hey its no problem. My son is happy with you so your family." We got in the vehicles and went back to the office. We got into Leland's truck and drive to his place. We went in and he said,"Scary day huh? You want to take a shower?" We headed to the bathroom and Leland turned on the water.