Chapter 25

You landed on concrete with a thud. Your head rushed for a moment, then cleared. It the place of everything that you were fairly certain was once there, you now could think of... Nothing. 

Absolutely...

Positively...

Completely and totally...

Nothing

You sat back on you heels and considered your options: 

1.) Walk away. Forever. From wherever... This was. 

2.)

Regina Mills was quick to erase the thought of you from everyone's minds, but Adam Gold's memories lingered. He'd lost you once, and now he would be forced to be reminded of the fact that he'd lost you again. This would ultimately cause him more pain than anything else. Regina wanted to see that pain from her friendly enemy - wanted to know that he could feel things too. You'd been the only thing since Baelfire to ever make him show weakness. The Evil Queen wanted to wield that power. The power of true love. 

Adam Gold couldn't get up from his knees at the town line, clutching his cane as if it would bring you back. As if it would make you remember. As if it would, at the very least, let him forget. But it wouldn't. It couldn't. The spot where you'd disappeared was the most painful sight he could think of seeing. It would be many, many years before the man saw you again, and next time it would be under incredibly unexpected circumstances...