Chapter XII: Not a Fan

Hello, darlings! I know this is random, but I just wanted to thank you for reading this. I know I'm not famous and I'm not the best at writing I can be, but that's the point in all of this, isn't it? To get better? And you guys who are reading this are awesome, and I hope you know that. :)

Previously on Piper's Point of View:
Piper goes to a local park, runs into Jasper who takes her out for coffee, meets a bish named Elise, and gets closer to the person she's investigating. Then she gets a job at a clothing store and meets a  talkative "friend" Veronica. Now to find out what happens next!

 Now to find out what happens next!

Piper

Life. It brings new people, new places, new jobs. Yet everything stays the same, in a sense.
I was laying in my bed thinking, and it was probably a little after six thirty. It wasn't dark yet - but not bright, either. I was sort of bored. And I hated being bored.

Not for the reason you're thinking, though! I know that no one likes being bored, and that makes sense. But I hated being bored because that meant I wasn't doing anything. If I wasn't doing anything, then that meant...well, nothing productive was being done. And time goes by so much quicker than we realize, it should never be wasted.

"Hmm," I popped up, and propped myself against the wall, pulling my computer up to my lap. Honestly, I was on that thing way too much. A few years ago, there was a point in time where I had just gotten headaches nonstop, probably from that. But after all this time my eyes were more than used to it, and that was something to be thankful for.
I couldn't imagine life without it, though - and that might sound petty, but it's just the generation, I think. We become dependent on such things... Geesh, I need to stop overthinking everything, what is up with me today?! I laughed at myself as I typed in my password. Great, now I was laughing with no one else in the room? It was probably better that way, actually. Then no one would hear me sounding crazy...

Once my Google finally loaded up, I logged out of my regular email account and into my...well, I guess you could say my secret one. It sounds weird, but I guess that's what it was. Onto the best website ever, findthem.com. It might sound sort of suspicious, but you had to do sort of fishy things to get the information I needed. I typed in my username and password and clicked "enter".

What? My account had been banned. Banned for what? I read closer. It didn't say. To ban someone without reason, you had to be a person of authority on that website. So someone important had seen me somehow and banned me? That didn't make any sense, what I'd been researching was no different than the rest of us there. Unless who had done it knew things about what I was asking about, and didn't want me to know...

That was ridiculous. But I really didn't want to deal with it then, I'd make a new account tomorrow. But whoever this dude thought he was definitely wouldn't stop me.

I bit my lip, wondering what to do if I wasn't going to investigate. A silly thought popped into my head, and I slightly smiled as I typed in the name "Kiingtong" on Youtube again. Over the past few days, I'd completely forgotten whatever plan I had been making, but maybe I could do something after all.
I put on a video of him in Minecraft. Except that he wasn't with that weird guy who in Minecraft was a robot and had the laugh of a behemoth or whatever. Instead, standing next to the guy in red was someone with what I could see as a brown and green sweater. (I wasn't used to seeing things in block-vision, okay?! Don't judge me!) He had the name xBayani above his head.

They were running around a blinding white place they called a "map", though it looked nothing like the one I was thinking of, so that must've been something in Minecraft-speak. And they kept talking about parkour while leaping.

Suddenly, a loud noise caused me to jump, my computer falling off my knees. Knocking. Oh great. Who would that be? Jasper? Possibly. Veronica? Wait, she didn't even know my address (thankfully). Though I wouldn't put it past her to find out somehow...
I rolled out of bed though it hurt a little more than I was expecting it to. I was just wearing a sweater and long monkey pants. As soon as I had gotten home from work every day, I got into my pajamas. I liked to be comfy, what can I say?

Whoever was at my door knocked again. "I'm coming!" I whined loudly, getting up from the floor and running through the hall, finally making it to the door. When I swung it open, though, I was not expecting to see who I did.

"You again," I muttered.
Will, of course.
The brunette Youtuber or whatever he was was towering above me. I crossed my arms to try and look intimidating, but it was hard when he was half a foot taller than me.

He was smiling for some reason, like he knew a secret. "Yes,"
I frowned. "What are you here for? Was I breathing too loud for you?"
"Now you know how this feels...I'm actually here for something else, though,"

My eyebrow raised. "And that is?"
"I heard my voice," he grinned.
"How did you hear it from up there - I mean - what are you talking about?"
"I knew you were a fan! Are you one of those ones that always calls me a rat? You seem like one,"
"What?! You think I'm a fan?!" He didn't seem to hear me, though.
"I never would have thought a fan would move right below me...You should've told me, I would've done a video with you if you wanted me to,"
My cheeks flushed red, and I honestly didn't know which emotion it was for. "I. Am. Not. A. Fan!"

He stopped talking. "You're not?"
"No! I looked you up to see how cringe-y you were! Are we done here?"
His face fell. "...Oh..."

Suddenly, I started laughing, and I couldn't stop. He started cracking up too. "Bye, losa'!" I waved, starting to slam the door.
"Wait," he stopped the door with his foot. "how cringey am I?"
"On a scale of Kanye West to Tumblr, Kanye living in the eighties posting on Tumblr. Now shoo your shoe,"

I shut the door and jumped back into my bed, but instead of resuming the video I self consciously found myself exit the tab. Then I  removed it from my history.
Me? Watching a Minecraft video? Ew. What a thought. "Yep, I'm pretending that never happened," I stated aloud.
Will shouted from above me, his voice muffled through my ceiling/his floor. "Sorry, but I won't!"
I sighed. One week here and I already couldn't wait to move...

Guys, before you go, I have something really important to tell you

Guys, before you go, I have something really important to tell you. Skip a Beat is going to be changed to Gasoline. So, just remember - no more looking up Skip a Beat by next week. Thanks <3 :)