11

i felt the cold air against me again.

“i’m sorry that took forever.” you panted, sounding annoyed, “the lines in that store... ridiculous.” the cold air was suddenly gone, and in seconds i was moving again. i was moving!

it was your warmth, aiden. you came back to me!

“i decided to get my sister a gift card instead. but it’s for her favorite restaurant, so it can’t be that bad, right?” you thought aloud, pausing as if you were expecting my answer. “...yeah. i forgot i’m talking to a mirror. you probably don’t even know what a gift card is! well, don’t buy one for your younger sister’s sixteenth birthday, ellie. they’re as tacky as hell. but...i...didn’t know what else to get her...”

you were right, about me not knowing what it was you were speaking to me about. but your words...that you didn’t know what else to get your sister...they were—

“i-i’ve...decided to keep you, ellie. for myself.” you breathed, your deep voice trembling. it was if as if you were reading my thoughts, “i feel this...connection to you...which is... totally weird, but...yeah. and hopefully the guys won’t think i’m... turning into my sister or something. but you’re antique! i’ll just tell them you belonged to a king!” you chuckled at that last part, the sound warm and airy.

again, i didn’t understand some of what you were telling me, but...yay! i was yours! the connection between us was mutual!

 but what you said was true. about the king?

yeah. i did belong to a king.

um...no. not exactly...but...at least i do now.

aiden barnes, you are my king.