21

A/N: Sorry for the long wait! I’ve been the busiest I’ve ever been with homework! But here’s the next chapter! :) Please enjoy it and tell me what you think!

you stood behind your sister in the doorway speechless. your face was pale, and your eyes wide.

lizzie stared at me through the dimness of the unlit room, mouth hanging open in shock. she was a few inches shorter than you, and had long hair the same brown as yours. her green eyes dazzled at the sight of me, and i glowed with embarrassment as she rushed over to see me better.

“mirror, mirror on the floor,” lizzie called out dramatically, posing in front of me as if she were royalty, “who’s the most adorable?”

I watched as you rolled your eyes to what lizzie said. “be careful, liz.” you found your voice, “don’t break her.”

i glowed. you were protecting me!

“’her?” lizzie asked incredulously, glancing over her shoulder at you.  i felt myself shrink against my frame, “don’t tell me you named this mirror, aiden...” her eyes then scanned my glass, and her lips were turned up at one end in a smirk.

you blushed. “of...of course not! i-"

“...have a weird attachment to a mirror.” lizzie finished for you, “it’s okay. i can’t live without my shoes, strawberry lip gloss, or tucker. wait...i’m not sure that’s the right order...”

“well, i’m sure you still remember your way out of here.” you snapped, still blushing, suddenly standing behind lizzie with your hands on her shoulders.

lizzie jumped a little, startled from your touch, and i admit that i jumped, too. i didn’t see you move from the doorway.

“so not fair!” lizzie yelled as you began to steer her out of your room by the shoulders, “how come i don’t get to spend time with your pretty mirror, huh?”

you shoved lizzie out into the hall and locked the door behind her, muffling her next line of complaints.

we were alone now. me and you.

what was going to happen next?

i watched as you flopped down on your bed, staring into my glass with fiery eyes that could make me melt. “that was lizzie, my younger sister. she’s...um...actually, there aren’t any words to describe her.”

you then chuckled at your own words, and i wanted to laugh along. but i couldn’t .

“and...” you said after a while, the blush returning to your cheeks, “...i’m sorry how i shoved liz out of here like that. she breaks everything she touches, and i...didn’t want her to break you, ellie.”

i glowed at the sound of my name, surprised by your sudden apology. if anything, i should be apologizing to you. for not being able to interact with you, or to touch you, or to sit by your side.

you groaned, burying your face in your hands. “why are you apologizing?” you mumbled, and it took me a second to realize that you were talking to yourself, “to a mirror? that can’t understand you? that probably thinks you’re gonna shove her out of the room one day like you did to liz...if mirrors could think. and now i’m talking to myself...i’m slowly losing my mind...”

but i can understand you, aiden. and i accept your apology.

you suddenly looked up at me, and i thought you heard me. but you only shook your head and grinned.

“if only you could talk, right, ellie?” you said, “i’m sure you could tell me all about sixteenth century france. “

if only i could speak to you. i would tell you anything!

“right. so...” before you could finish your sentence, you let out a yawn. “...i guess it’s time to get some sleep?”

then i watched you do the unthinkable.

you slowly raised your shirt, pulling it over your soft curls and revealing your toned torso and arms.

i wanted to look  away, but i couldn’t. i was a mirror that couldn’t move, and you were attractive to say the least; your magnetic heat called for my undivided attention.

tossing your shirt to the floor, you got up from your bed and began to unbutton your jeans. i suddenly felt like an intruder. i felt as if i was spying on you.

but i couldn’t look away.

oblivious to me watching you, your underwear joined the rest of the clothes on the floor.

you were standing there completely naked.

i watched as you pulled back the covers of your bed and got underneath them. a part of me wanted to join you, but i shook away the notion.

“goodnight, ellie.” you whispered to me before rolling over and going to sleep.

goodnight, aiden.

i watched you sleep, your face peaceful and angelic, your body rising and falling calmly.

oh aiden. you're always surprising me, aren't you?