I Failed

Your POV

"Did you really think it would be that easy? You know I won't even let you die. You are still here and Sean is here. I told you. We will both see him, he will come and I will get what I desire. You can just lie here and watch! Fun, right!"

I shoot up from the bed as I heard her. I was alive, I was still in this hellhole. I looked around me, I was in a white room, a weird smell around. There were some wires attatched to me. I was in a hospital. I heard my heartrate monitor starting to beep faster. Suddenly my ward door went open and two nurses rushed in. They quickly closed the door behind them, but some yelling could still be heard.

"What's going on in there?! Why won't you let me see her?!"

Was it Sean? I heard some muffled voices, probably the nurses trying to calm him down.

"What do you mean, I'm not allowed to go there?!! I'm her boyfriend!! I saved her life!!"

I gulped. So it was his fault I was still...

"Please ma'am lie back down. Do you remember anything about last night?"

Of course I remembered. How could I not?
"Yes, I remember," I answered quietly.

"Good. Mr.Harrens, your therapist, will arrive soon. He wants to ask you some questions."

I nodded slowly. They all think I'm some crazy suicidial girl. How am I going to explain myself, my plan was to die, I didn't think of any excuses.

"Oh, there's also a man outside, named Sean Mcloughlin. He says he is your boyfriend. Is this true?"

"Yes." I didn't say anything else, I didn't ask them to let him in. I had no idea how I was going to look at him.

"Do you want to see him?"

I took a deep breath. I wanted to see him, but... I couldn't give HER a helping hand. So I shook my head. The two nurses gave me a confused look, but nodded and smiled. They approached the door and as soon as they opened it I saw Sean, trying to get through.

"I'm sorry mr. Mcloughlin, she doesn't wish to see you at the moment. Please remain calm and sit back."

"WHAT?! Y/N??!"

I glanced over at the doorway as I saw Sean's confused, sad and somewhat angry face, before the door clicked shut. I sighed and wiped the tear which I hadn't even noticed before it ran down my cheek.

"Oh, you think you're clever, huh? I know you can't stay away and I'm waiting. I have time."

In fear I looked at the end of the bed, only to see myself...her. Black eyes with white pupils and a pale face. I smiled, she was weak. She was often glitching out and disappearing.

"You can laugh, but as you recover, I recover. You can't tell anybody or you'll be put in an asylum and I will consume all your sanity. You'll lose it anyway in there so I'm just being saving and not letting a good thing to waste."

She grinned at me, tilting her head to the side.

"Get out!" I yelled, loudly enough to deserve a knock on the door, which luckily scared her away.

"Ma'am, is everything alright?" a female voice asked from behind the door.

"Uh... Y-yes. There was a fly in my room," I exclaimed letting out a small fake chuckle.

"Okay. Mr.Harrens is here. Can I let him in?"

"Sure!"

The door opened and a rather young man stepped in, carrying a briefcase. He had dark hair and he was wearing classes. He grabbed a chair and put it down next to my bed. After taking his notebook and a pen he sat down.

"So, ms.L/n right?"
I nodded.
"Tell me what happened last night."
I gulped. What was I going to say? I can't just go like: "Oh, you know, my demon told me she was going to consume my boyfriend's soul so I decided to kill myself along with my demon. You know, the usual."
"Ms.L/n?"
"I tried to kill myself," I answered shortly.
"Yes. Why?"
"I didn't feel like living."
"Ms.L/n what kind of answer is that? Please, you can be honest with me. This conversation is staying between us two only."
"I've messed up all my relationships and after screwing up my last date with my current boyfriend, I felt depressed and worthless. I didn't want to hurt anybody anymore, so I decided to end my life," I said looking down. I hoped he will be okay with that answer, this was the best I got.

He looked at me up and down, then wrote something in his notebook.

"Have you ever tried to commit suicide before?"
"No."
"Alright, I see. I recommend seeing your boyfriend and talking things through. This will help to overcome it. Be with him and he can help you. For the time you are here, there's a program ready for you," he smiled. Well, that theraphist didn't look or sound proffesional at all, but I still nodded.

"I'll let him in. I'm done for today, I'll let you rest, but we'll see again tomorrow." He got up and packed back his notebook. He said goodbye and headed to the door.

I heard some muffled words coming from behind the door as it was pushed open again. This time it was Sean. He looked tired, he had dark circles around his eyes plus his eyes were all red and swollen.

"Y/n?" he stumbled towards my bed and pulled my into a hug. I felt so quilty. I didn't want to hurt him, but it seemed I had no other choice. She was already waiting, waiting for me to break down and take me over. She had only been a shadow and a voice til now, but I was weak and only a slight mistake was needed to take over my body.

Sean's grip tightened around me and I opened my eyes. She was standing right behind Sean, her hand on his shoulder. She was grinning at me, her mouth almost running up to her ears. I started to feel fear as she started disappearing and I felt my nose dripping blood.

"Please no..." I whispered.

"What?" asked Sean, trying to get back up, but it was too late. My body didn't let him go.

"I'm so sorry Sean..."