March

seven thirty- two pm. Almost time to close as the sign flipped over as the last of the customers left. Levi glancing towards the spotless cafe. It was a productive day to say the least. Some spills cries and complaints but overall it was okay. 

Making his way towards the sink. There were only a few more dishes to wash before he'd get home. Dinner was already provided too. So even if he left later than expected at least Hanji would have something to eat.

A small urban cafe was what it was. Levi worked there during the times he wasn't needed at the head quarters. Levi worked as an agent, entrepreneur and now as a father to both adopted children now. Armin, and Mikasa. 

He glanced through the double doors out towards the cafe. The two were fine. Isabel, Farlan and Gunter amusing the two children. It didn't take long for the two to become amused by something as little as a napkin or a coffee stir stick. Armin was curious and Mikasa was more reserved. 

He could already discern between the two. Yet they were both were still so quiet and barely ever cried. They slept throughout the day so it was easy to get from one place to another without having to check up on them. Perhaps having two children wasn't so bad as Levi implied. It was still as easy as it was when it was only Armin.

 Unbelievably Levi did it all. Finishing the paychecks,work and managing to take care of the children. Due to Hanji's job she wasn't able to take along children. Working around dead rotting corpses wasn't appropriate enough. Though Hanji insisted Levi disagreed. 

    Both deciding that Levi would take Armin and Mikasa along to his job. He was there washing dishes. He always thought of what his wife was up to. Hanji usually was up for nights at a time picking at the corpses.

 He wondered if he'd be home before she'd even be there. It was probable. Hanji always worked late shifts. 

 But ever since than, their lives changed drastically. When they decided to adopt Armin and Mikasa. He looked towards them surprised at how much they've grown. Levi loosing his track of time he's gotten used to the habit of taking his children to work.

The other's didn't seem to mind at all. In fact enjoyed their company rather than dread it.

He sat there from across the counter. Everything was clean and tidy. They were all free to leave but the three that worked today decided to stay a bit longer.

 Levi sitting on a nearby bar stool looking towards the two. Armin and Mikasa amusing themselves with a napkin.

 Isabel poking fun at the fact that the two were so amused by it and Farlan laughing along. He switched his phone on to check if he received any messages from Hanji. There weren't any. 

Ready to leave he took the two carriers from out back. Starting the car in advance so it was well warm when they entered. It was going to be a long drive home with the traffic-

BANG! CRASH! A sound was heard towards the front of the cafe. A plate had broke along with a cup. Entering the room Levi swore he placed all the cups away. However the one that was missing was the one a certain lady had brought to the washroom. 

She was on the floor. Armin and Mikasa back up on the bassinet. Isabel and Farlan helped the woman up. Had they checked the washrooms? It was way past closing time.

She was dizzy groggy and sick. They placed her down on a nearby chair. Her skin was as pale as ever. Sickness was all over her. It greatly disturbed Levi as he knelt towards her. He examined her face just a bit closer and that's when it struck him. He knew this person.

"Carla...?" Levi uttered as she turned towards him. "Carla Shadis...?" Levi spoke once more. Carla Shadis. The woman who married the former CEO of the survey corps. Keith Shadis. The two had been married for over a year now but Keith had left overseas to work at another branch in the area. The Carla Shadis arrived in the cafe and Levi barely noticed her until she came to them out of desperation.