Triplets

Triplets. Were what they ended with. Armin, Mikasa and Eren. The three children adopted from different families. With different backgrounds and different stories. All somehow ending up with Levi and Hanji. Levi looked towards the three, wondering how he ended up with three of them. It was hard to fathom.

He never really wanted children let alone someone to help him take care of them. He still couldn't believe how small yet how much they grew in a matter of months. Levi and Hanji certainly weren't planning to adopt three children. As bad as it seemed the three slept in the same crib. Although it didn't look like any of them were hurting of suffocating one another.

Humming a small tune as she exited the washroom. She looked towards Levi. Wrapping an arm around his head as she leaned onto him. He turned towards her as she nuzzled up against his hair.

"Just as I thought." Hanji laughed. "Soft with a lavender fragrance." Examining Levi's scent. It was good that Hanji was clean now. He didn't have any reason to shove her off anymore. She took a shower.

"The washroom is free." Hanji mentioned releasing her grip. Levi's eyes darting towards Hanji who plopped herself onto the bed. She rolled over to give Levi some room. Levi slipping into the spot beside his wife.

She reached over Levi to pull out a drawer rummaging for something. Unseeingly pissed off with Hanji's position he continued to remain there. Hanji continuing to search for the notes she swore she placed there. 

Levi shuffled over as Hanji sat on the other side of the bed. "Where are they?" She said. Levi staring towards her.

He sighed. "Your damn book is downstairs." He spoke. Hanji groaning once he spoke. It was a long ways down the steps and the lifts were off. Guess that meant no more late night reading for Hanji.With a look of solemn despair under her glasses she turned to him knowing he moved it.

"Why." she spoke.

"Just go to bed already." Levi spoke as her head rested on his shoulders. She slumped back a bit before she stared up at the ceiling. Her arms and legs stretching out to symbolize her spiraling boredom.

"I can't sleep of I haven't read anything." Hanji mentioned. Levi glancing towards her. He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, "You're a mother now Hanji do you understand?"

Hanji nodded. It was a long and difficult path as parents but they were willing to take it in order for all of this to work. 

"I'm willing to stay up for you when you don't want to." Hanji spoke. "If all three of them cry it'll be real chaos then."

"Are you sure it's safe to keep the three sleeping in a single crib?" He spoke. Hanji reassuring it was alright. She placed an arm around him. Pulling a book from her robe pocket. Levi turned to her. "You've always got a book pulled out of your ass." Levi spoke.

Hanji laughing, "I always come back with a book. It helps me know things." Turning from one page to another. It was just as quiet as ever in the house, even with the trio in the bedroom. Just the thought of having a bunch of idiotic kids running around terrified Levi.

He viewed the book and the images in them. Hanji directing Levi to a few of the images in the chapter. "This- is what they'll look like three years down the line."

"Some short loud mouthed brat right?"

"Oh they'll definitely grow up." Hanji stated.

"Not unless you dissect them." 

"Yeah but that's not the worse part." Hanji said as she turned a few pages into the book stopping on one particular page. Pointing her fingers towards the image again.

"Their a lot taller this time. With much more testosterone and estrogen in their bodies from their hormones."

"Think of this Levi- moody teenagers." Hanji laughed once more as she glanced at the look of discontent towards Levi. "They're quite rebellious. They'll sneak out of the houses-"

"I'll make sure those brats stay home."

"We better discipline them well then."

"Seven o'clock curfew." Hanji teased while Levi began replying towards Hanji. If cleaning wasn't something Levi made sure was right. It was organization. Everything had to be right and Levi was willing to make compromises to their entertainment if that was the case.

"No television."

"No midnight snacks!"

"Chores everyday."

"Cleaning the roof!"

"Scrubbing the bathroom floor."

"Straight A's every day!" Hanji smiled.

"Room inspections every week." 

Hanji snickering under her breath with the thought of the children carrying that much of a responsibility. She knew that she wasn't ever going to raise the children like that. Her snickering soon turned into laughter as she placed an arm on her husband.

"You know I'm joking right?" Hanji said.

Levi looking towards Hanji with an unchanging smile once again.

"There's no way I'd let them have so much responsibility. They'd hate us!"

"Their doing everything I've listed." Levi spoke. Hanji paused smiling towards Levi, leaning towards him as she sighed.

"Of course there always has to be compromises." Hanji smiled.