Chapter 13 [epilogue]

Shea

I have been stuck in here for a lifetime. Sometimes I can see Jupiter walking down the street. I try to talk to him, to cheer him up - he always has a sad look in his eyes.

I've been stuck here for so long. I'm so scared.

Will I just live here forever until I die?

Until Carrie was in the dreamcatcher.

She appeared in front of me, a sick look in her eyes.

"Hello, Shea."

Human! Well, Legend.

"Mom! Oh god, I thought I was going to be stuck here for eternity. Please, take me home." I sobbed into her shoulder, ignoring all feelings of worry and suspicion.

"I'm not taking you home." She clarified, pushing my arms off her. She smelt like roses. Roses will always remind me of death.

"What?"

"For so long, your father has been treating me like dirt. Calling me around to do things like I was his housewife. Then we had you," she looked at me with disgust. "Oh and boy, were you a real stick up the ass. You were a whiny, self-centered bitch. Then your father wanted a divorce, and I realised how long I'd been wasting my time on you and him. It was almost laughable. You bitch. Anyway, I'm here to tell you that your father is dead. Old man."

"Dad isn't-"

"Oh but he is," she said, a grim smile spread across her face. "Next is your little friend."

"You brought Earth into potential disaster so you could bring me here and take revenge?" I asked. "Are you out of your fucking mind?"

"Yes," she admitted. "Goodbye, Shea."

She whispered it in a sing-song voice, and vanished, forever.

Now, I no longer see Jupiter walking down the street.