SLYTHERIN

Firstly, I firmly believe that the reason many slytherins were easily convinced to join Voldemort was because they were treated like shit by the rest of the houses while they were growing up.

Imagine spending the most important seven years of your life being told that you were part of the 'bad house' and therefore were bad yourself. Everyone boos your quidditch team and all the houses hang out with each other except you.

You grow up being hated by your fellow students and many of your teachers.

Now imagine someone comes along and tells you that you're not worthless and bad. That you are invited to join a family where you will right the wrongs committed against you.

You have the opportunity to be wanted and powerful instead being an outcast. How you're welcomed and needed.

Being part of a group of kids you grew up with who all went through the same things you did.

Being a death eater sounds pretty good now, doesn't it.

Slytherins were treated like shit!

I mean, in the scene of the end of book 7, the students were asked whether they wanted to fight the incoming death army.

The Slytherin students were all like, "Uh, no." And they were treated like terrorists for it.

Also, in the movie, they're even locked in the school dungeons while everyone cheers.

Did nobody stop to think and realise that if the Slytherin students had stood up and fought, they would be facing their own parents in the battlefield?

Even if some of them were not on board with the whole death eater thing, expecting them to fight was just cruel. They were children. The oldest of them was seventeen. Babies. And their own professors were asking them to shoot illegal killing spells at their mom and dad.

So imagine you are a Slytherin, and you are staying behind to defend your school and maybe even restore some honor to your house. The other students are all giving you distrustful glares. You know they are waiting for you to start hitting them in the back with spells.

You consider doing it too, because you're already starting to regret the decision you made.

Then the battle begins, and you are up against a crowd of strangers who are not strangers at all, atleast to you. You recognize voices, muffled behind masks but still piercingly familiar. Your uncle. Your cousin. Your best friends big sister.

And then you see a tall man in grey expensive robes. A moment later you notice a small curvy woman next to him, wand ready. They are guarding each others backs.

You recognise their shoes.

And at the end of philosopher's stone? Slytherin had worked incredibly hard, and Dumbledore made sure that enough points were given to students who had about a million things against the school rules.

I think Slytherin was victimised a lot. And I kind of hoped that the likes of
Scorpius Malfoy wouldn't have to go through such prejudice.

Perhaps, after the war, people realized that all Slytherins weren't to blame. Probably not, though.

Yeah they did shitty and evil stuff at times, but they were testosterone-powered teenagers after all. That doesn't mean we hate on them does it. (Also, Malfoy has turned out to be really hot.)

So slytherins weren't that bad ya'll. Stop hating on them.

Slytherin pride.