Chapter 1

It's Daniel

Let me elaborate. Daniel Greenback is the soon to be alpha of the group. He is 'every girl's dream', but mine. I can't stand the guy. If it's a girl, he'd screw it. Captain of the football team, throws parties, he's that guy in high school.

I saw him and knew. I had to go be there, just touch him and the nagging in my head would at least stop for now. I had to find Nathan. This can't be right. I swear, this is wrong, so wrong. I run off to the bathroom and hide in a stall. I whip out my phone and dial Nathan's number.

"Something is wrong, so wrong. I hate him with a passion. I can't." I cry into the phone.

"Where are you?" Nathan said into the phone fast. I knew he'd help.

"Girl's bathroom in the English hall, meet you in my car?" I sniffle and wipe my eyes, knowing that what makeup I bothered to put on this morning would be gone by now.

"No, meet me in mine, I can't have you driving when your like this." You could hear the crease in his eyebrow with how he was talking. He was obviously already leaving class and on his way out.

"Alright, see you in a few." I open the stall and hang up. Looking in the mirror I throw some cold water on my face. "You are okay. Just to the car and then you can break down." I whisper to my reflection.

I ran out and was running to the front of the school when I feel some eyes on my back. Not just anyone's eyes, ones that make me want to turn around and melt. Daniel. I push forward and hear him following me. I pick my pace up and start to feel tears come out of my eyes. I don't want this and he knows it. I make it to the front doors and nearly fall out of the door. I make my way to Nathan's car and throw myself into the passenger seat and lock the doors.

Nathan looks at me like I'm crazy and looks around when he sees Daniel and glares at him hard. "Are you serious?"

"Sadly." I muster out the word and hear my voice crack at the end.

"You want to go somewhere?" Nathan looked at me sadly, he wanted to know the pain I was in, but he just couldn't. "Wanna get some donuts?"

I nod and jump when there is a bang on the window. Of course he would be here. "Roll down the window." I whisper.

Nathan shakes his head. "I'm not going to let him hurt you." His grip tightened on the steering wheel till his knuckles turned white.

"I have to end this now." I gasp and roll my window down. "Leave. Now. I-I need to think this over. Please."

"No, you have till tomorrow, if you don't make your mind up by then and leave this, this creep, then I'm rejecting you." Daniel smirked. He was obviously not as affected about this as I was.

"I'll call you." I mumble and roll my window up. Nathan shook his head and drove off out of the parking lot. My mind was running at a million miles per hour. I could feel his eyes on us as we drove off, I could feel how he was still thinking of Jane, his current conquest and captain of the cheerleading team. I knew what he would be doing tonight, her. You could tell in how he wanted an answer tomorrow.

"I can't do this, I can't leave you, you're my best friend, he's a douche, I can leave him right?" I look over to Nathan and rub my eyes, now I am almost sure that I look like a racoon.

"He's your mate, you shouldn't have to be thinking about this. Be with him." He said through gritted teeth.

"No, I can't. If he really cared he wouldn't be making me choose, and we know he's with Jane tonight, so why the hell do I have to be with him? He's an ass." I sigh and flip the mirror down. Yup, racoon eyes. "Besides, I'll probably get rejected anyways so why not leave now? Spare myself the heart break."