Aging

CALLIE POV:

Liza looked up and met my eyes. The other two listened for her answer as well. "Yes, I was a mother in one of my lives. One night about 80 years ago I was a part of a pack and the alpha took advantage of me. I ran away that same night.  9 months later I gave birth to his daughter. I found my mate soon after and we lived happily for about 5 years, but my old alpha found me and killed both my mate and my daughter in cold blood. He left me to suffer. I buried them both and then took my own life."

I heard a small gasp come from Grace. "What was the pack name back then Liza?" Grace asked clearly shaken up. I had never seen her this distraught. "It was the Golden Moon pack." Lux gasped and Grace inhaled shakily and stared at Liza with sympathy.

"That is this pack. The name changed to Blood Moon after my grandfather died because he had spilt so much blood during his reign and my dad wanted to honor him." Lux said softly. I saw Liza's eyes widen and she looked at grace.

"You've heard my story before haven't you?" Grace nodded. "But not the way you told it. James my mate told me that his father had accidentally sired another child in a drunken stupor. But when he woke up the girl was gone and he spent years trying to find her so he could meet his child, but when he finally caught up to her she and her mate attacked him. He killed the girls mate in self defense so for revenge she killed his daughter and then took her own life because she was too much of a coward to face him."

Liza was absolutely furious at the end of grace's story, but tried to keep her cool. "Who do you believe Luna?" She asked through gritted teeth. Grace grabbed Liza's hand and looked at her seriously. "Liza I believe you! My father in law was a nasty son of a bitch. I hated him. He was absolutely cruel. That's why I never allowed him near Lux. I didn't want him to influence her in any way." Grace was radiating honesty.

Liza relaxed and gripped grace's hand. "Thank you. I know this is gonna sound weird, but could you take me to my grave? Now that I know we're in this packs cemetery I'd like to visit."

Grace was quick to agree and soon we were on our way to the packs burial grounds. Liza carried sleeping max. Lux and I followed behind hand in hand and Grace led us there. We walked through the cemetery glancing at the headstones when suddenly we came to a stop in front of three old worn down headstones.

One of them read
Elizabeth Sawyer 1911-1936. Then next read Mary Thomas 1913-1936 and the last read Callie Able 1931-1936 Beloved Daughter.

Liza was on her knees in front of Mary's grave whispering to her lost love. Max was with Grace fast asleep. My eyes were glued to the last headstone I was in disbelief.
"Oh my God Liza. You named me after your daughter." Liza looked up at me and smiled. "Yeah I know, but it wasn't intentional. I mean I was only two, but naming my daughter was one of my first memories."

I threw my arms around her crushing her in a hug. "Intentional or not. Thank you it's a great honor. I'm so glad to have a namesake." Liza tightened her grip on me and let out a thready breath. "I'm so glad that you feel that way." Her voice was emotional. She broke the hug and gave me a long loving kiss on the forehead. 

Once we had pulled ourselves together I cast a quick spell that cleaned up their headstones making them look well taken care of and I also cast a spell to etch new words into them. When I finished they read Elizabeth Sawyer 1911-1936 Beloved Mate and Loving Mother,
Mary Thomas 1913-1936 Loyal Mate and Devoted Mother, and finally
Callie Sawyer-Thomas 1931-1936 Precious Gift Gone too Soon.

Liza hugged me again after reading the new headstones crying quietly.
"Thank you, Callie I'm so glad we are going to be remembered in a good light and that my daughter is now buried under the right name." Liza whispered quietly through her tears. "Of course I wouldn't have it any other way." Liza let go of me and snapped three beautiful bouquets laid at the headstones. Liza took a moment and kissed her daughters and her mates headstones and then took max out of grace's arms and walked out of the cemetery.