Battle

LUX POV:

The battle field is stained crimson, fires are burning all around me, I could hear the cries of the wounded calling out to me. I scanned my surroundings as the flames suddenly started licking at my skin. I tried to move, I tried to scream, but I was frozen. Callie suddenly appeared in front of me beaten and bloodied. She called out to me begging me to run, I see a dark witch creeping up behind her with an evil smirk. Every fiber in my body begged me to do something, anything! But I stood frozen and watched as the dark one slit Callie's throat. Blood slowly poured from the wound finally she fell to her knees with a pained expression across her face.

My eyes flew open and I came face to face with my mates worried eyes. "Oh thank gods." I whispered brokenly as I wrapped my arms around her neck. She quickly returned my embrace. "Shhh shh it's okay it was just a nightmare I'm right here." She whispered softly as she rubbed my back lovingly. I let out a shaky breath as tears poured out of my eyes. "Y-y-you died. I couldn't move I tried so hard, but I couldn't, I c-couldn't."

She pulled back and looked into my watery eyes. She wiped my tears away. She gently picked up my hand and laid it on her chest I felt the thrum of her heart. "Do you feel that?" She questioned seriously. I closed my eyes and focused on her heartbeat. I nodded slowly. "I'm here, I'm okay, I'm alive."

I breathed a sigh of relief "What time is it?" Callie glanced at the clock "It's 6am" the room was still dark the sun hadn't risen yet, but I knew there was no way I was going back to sleep. I moved to get up, but Callie held me back. "Ah ah ah you are staying right here. We still have a few hours before we need to get up. So lay your beautiful butt back down." I let out a soft laugh and laid down wrapping myself around my mate. My ear was against her chest. The rhythmic beat of her heart soothed my frayed nerves.

Callie softly brushed her fingertips up and down my back. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up at her touch. I felt her lips kiss the top of my head. "Hm I'm sorry I woke you up so early." I heard a quiet chuckle. "Don't worry about it babe. I'm kinda glad that I get to cuddle with you now before the stress of today begins."

I sat up and looked at my gorgeous girlfriend and softly captured her bottom lip with mine. The tip of her tongue swiped across my bottom lip. I immediately allowed her access. The way she was kissing me was heating me up from the inside out. I tenderly positioned myself on top of her straddling her. Once we broke apart both of us were breathless "Wow." She smirked lacing her fingers together on the back of my neck and gently pulled me back to her.

Everything about this was different than ever before. Usually we are aggressive and rushed in our movements just eager to please each other, but this time was slow and extremely passionate. Callie hadn't even touched me intimately and I was already ready to burst at the seams. The way her mouth danced around my skin left me dazed and wanting for more. This seemingly innocent kissing went on for what seemed like forever until I couldn't take the anticipation anymore

"Callie please..." I begged her quietly. I watched as she teasingly kissed the inside of my thighs. I let out a soft moan at the contact and when she finally touched me where I needed it most, I became unraveled within minutes, writhing and convulsing under her skilled tongue.

As soon as I calmed down I immediately started returning the favor making sure to tease her just as much if not more than she teased me. After a while she was in the same state I had been earlier, begging me to touch her where she needed it most, and I wasn't going to refuse.

Soon enough we were both cuddling and sharing kisses under the covers again. But the moment ended as moments must, with the annoying beep from our alarms. "Ugh, I wish we could just stay in bed all day." Callie whispered sadly. I gave her a quick peck on the lips. "Hm think of it this way after today we will finally be done worrying about this." She nodded and yawned. "You're right." She gave me one more quick kiss and jumped out of bed. I jumped out too and grabbed her spinning her playfully.
--------------------------------------------------------
MAX POV: