The Day Before

LUX POV:

I walked downstairs hand in hand with Callie. I felt much better now that Mel was out of the house. The two new witches were sitting on the couch chatting with Max , Liza, and my mom. The second I stepped into the room both their heads turned toward me. "Hello Alpha. My name is Jessie and this is my mate Sky."

I smiled and gave them a slight bow. "Please call me Lux. Thank you for coming I wish we could've met on better circumstances."
They both smiled and nodded "So do we." Emma excused herself. My mom and her were going to spend the rest day making potions and elixirs to help us. "Alright we need to finalize our plans and start training. Let's get to it."

Max took over explaining the ideas we had.
"Okay so all of the witches will be in the treehouse. It's completely camouflaged and you'll be safe inside. From there you'll be casting whatever spells you can to help us reach the dark ones. All of the wolves will be on the ground in hiding amongst the forest. Once the dark ones are summoned the witches will need to cast a spell to blind them or distract them. That's when the four wolves will silently and stealthily attack hopefully taking them all out before they can react."

Everyone sat and processed for a minute.
"It won't work we need a clear shot of every one of the dark ones how can we do that if we are inside?" Jessie asked skeptically.

"The treehouse is actually made of a special glass which allows you to see out and no one can see in plus only Callie and I can open the door so it's the safest place for you. This way there's very little risk of any of you getting hurt." I explained.

Jessie grabbed Sky's hand "Thank you for that." I nodded giving them both a small smile. "Of course I don't want to risk any of you losing someone important to you."

"And what about us? What about your pack? What about Grace? If you two die out there the pack is left with your sadistic father is that what you want?" Callie asked in a panic.

"Babe this is the best plan we have to keep most of us safe. I'm sorry." She stood up and started pacing "Lux I don't want to be safe if it means you are in more danger. This is my fight! I brought them here I should be out there with you!"

I stood up and stopped her "Callie you know that this isn't just your fight anymore it's ours and if I die defending you I'll die happy knowing I did my best to keep you safe. Okay?" I have all the faith in the world that you'll do your best to keep us safe."

She pushed me away from her and started screaming at me in Latin her eyes slowly slipped into a dark purple hue. All of the witches mouths hung open in shock. I very slowly made my way over to Liza. "What's she saying?" I asked quietly.

"Well she said she loves you, but you're an absolute idiot and she can't believe how fucking stupid you're being. She feels like she could strangle you right now and she wishes you would just stop being so fucking selfless all the time and a bunch of other stuff that I'm not about to repeat." Liza whispered discretely.

I nodded and made my way back over to Callie who was still screaming at me. I slipped my arms around her neck as she yelled in my face. I just stood there until she finally stopped. I gently caressed her face. She leaned into my hand as a tear slipped down her cheek. I tried to speak, but before I could she turned and ran out of the room. I tried to follow, but Sky stood up and stopped me.

"Please let me." She spoke so softly I barely heard her. I nodded and let her go. I sat back down and started going over the details of the plan.

-------------------------------------------------------
CALLIE POV:

I ran to the library and swung at the first thing I saw. I realized my mistake the second my fist hit the stone wall. I cried out in pain. Lux quickly mind linked me asking if I was okay. I quickly blocked her out.