Coping

The back of his head felt heavy, and so were his eyes. His heart was overdone and could no longer take it. His heart was beating harder than usual and his blood was rushing all over uncontrollably. He was internally uncontrollable. He may look like he was just sitting still, but his insides were like the battle in Verdun. Whatever O’Malley said was bullshit. He couldn’t control it this time. His blood had been messily rushing everywhere that the blood vessel in his nose sort of burst. So he was both feeling lightheaded and nauseous while he was bleeding from the nose. He was sure, right at that moment, that he was going to die from lack of blood. He wasn’t even beaten up physically, yet his injuries were visible. O’Malley immediately pulled him up by the arm and brought him to the emergency ward, his habitat. Glen grabbed the other arm and followed, not being able to think straight.

            Cubbie could feel his heart plummet to the floor. He had to hold on to Nate a little tighter so he wouldn’t fall.

            “What’s happening to him?” Nate asked worriedly,

            “Don’t worry, buddy. He’s going to be fine.” O’Malley left a smile and went out.

            “You better, O’Malley.” Isom threatened. He was still angry, basically at everyone and especially white coats.

            Andy gave O’Malley a cold look. He better not let anything happen.

            O’Malley, unfortunately, had to pass through the kids and the girls. Which he sort of bravely did. He had no time to call a nurse for a wheelchair anyways.

            “Bubby? What’s wrong with Uncle AJ?”

            “Is he upset?” Jane asked, “Please don’t be upset. It’s okay.”

            “Girls, it’s okay.” Sophie warned them,

            Deep down inside, Rebecca quickly learned what happened. She knew it and she couldn’t believe it. No wonder why it was so loud in there. No wonder why Nate was acting like that. Tears started to sting her eyes.

            The girls later immediately understood and they could feel their knees turn jelly. However, they’re still hesitating to come in. They can’t process all this. This can’t be happening, can it?

            Stella nosily came back into the room like nothing was wrong. But then, she became confused. Why was everyone sad? And why was her daddy the saddest? She has no idea, at all. Everyone was too busy calming themselves down that they didn’t realize Stella climbed up the bed. She wondered why Ally decided to sleep while everyone was sad. The same confusion occurred when her grandmother died, but she’s older now and she should be able to understand all this differently. “Ally? Hey, wake up! Everyone’s sad! Hey! It’s time to get up! Why won’t you hear me? Ally! Wake up! I know you’re just playing! Stop playing!”

            “She’s not going to wake up, okay?” Nate scowled loudly, “She’s never going to!”

            Okay, Stella was then really confused. She looked at Andy for some answers that Nate is completely wrong.

            Andy picked her up and took a deep breath. He was speechless in front of her for the first time.

            “Daddy, is it true?” Her tone had a slight pint of optimism that it was not true at all and that Andy would know what to do,

            He sniffled, “I’m sorry, princess. I… We tried everything to wake her up.”

            “Have you tried-”