First Night

The first night was basically hell. No one could sleep at all, not even the kids. Time has morphed into slow motion for them and they can’t do anything to get it over with. It just gets slower and slower and it would get painful. Daisy went through hell because her nightmare was real and she couldn’t wake up from reality. She was confused on why she couldn’t wake up from the bad dream. Nate was just lying in bed, still hoping that Ally would kick down his door and scream: ‘YOU LOOK OLD WHEN YOU FROWN! STOP FROWNING! THAT’S GROSS!’. Austin was wondering if the dollar that Ryan gave him could afford to save her. Was that dollar supposed to save her? The twins were under the blanket with a flashlight. Those two were just sitting there wondering if daddy’s okay. Jane was curled up like a fetus while Chris lied next to her, whispering that everything is going to be okay. Stella was just sitting on Ally’s desk and was going through her portfolio with Riley and Beau. One of her drawings was posted up on the wall the last time she visited and she felt damn proud. She remembered sitting on Ally’s lap while she works when she was still a little smaller. Ally taught her how to draw, which was one of her hobbies now.

            If the kids were going through a painful time, then what were the guys going through? Sean was in his backyard doing nothing, like life isn’t worth living for anymore. He was just physically there and he could hear Daisy freaking out in her room. He should do something but no one could get him to stand up, not even Daisy calling her papa. All he wanted was silence that would make his ears ring. Isom had his forehead glued to the window and all he wanted is to hear Ally one last time. It’s been a few days since they talk in real life, actually. He still needed to deal with the fact that Ally never got to see his daughter, not even a picture. He questions the unpredictable sometimes. Mark was just staring out at the window. Was it a coincidence that the sky seemed starless? It was like all the stars had followed her somewhere. While his head was somewhere else, his fingers were dancing in the piano. He was just blindly playing as his emotions flowed through his fingertips. It calmed him down a little. Yea, Ally would be proud of that. Pontius locked himself in his soundproof room and he has been banging on the drum kit for an hour in full power, plus the double pedal. It felt good letting all that anger out, but it didn’t hit the spot. It was just like a temporary solution. Cubbie, on the other hand, was just lost and confused. He has no idea on what he was doing. He’s just so stressed out that he could barely think properly. He was sitting at the counter and was staring at the sink. He remembered, two years ago, that she was freaking out because she was getting married. He remembered how she looked and how she sounded like. He remembered feeling as nervous as she was. He remembered her running all over the kitchen by the time Nate learned to run fluently. Since all that will no longer happen, he felt empty. He remembered the day they had to go their separate ways, after they first met, and how empty he felt. Well, this one was multiplied by a million. Ryan was lying on his stomach, and next to him was an empty spot. He was just staring at that empty spot and wondered if Ally was really gone. He could have sworn that he just saw that spot sink, like someone was there. It just started to kick in his gut. He clutched on the pillow tightly like life depended on it. If she was still here, she would kiss him goodnight and cuddle in his arms. He had to cuddle with a pillow now. That’s just simply pathetic. There’s only one question that taunts his mind: Since she left so quick, was she ever the one for him?

            AJ was sitting down with his arms folded like a cranky kid. He refuse to accept it and he doesn’t want to do it. Meanwhile, Andy was standing before him like a parent. Glen was just there making sure that those two brothers would not get into another fight. Andy was just trying to convince AJ that it will help him, but AJ was being a hardheaded brat and Andy was ready to punch him right in the face. He thinks that it’s not fair. Ally wouldn’t let them do this to him, will she? If she was still here, maybe she would be on AJ’s side. He doesn’t need some useless pills. “Andy, I don’t want you wasting your money on me. I know these useless junk cost a lot. You have your own family to support. Why would you want to make things more complicated by adding me in the list? I’m fine, aside from you know what I’m talking about. I don’t want no pills.”