A Complex and A Vulpix

Pokemon Daycare

A Complex and A Vulpix

By: Cutegirlmayra (I'm so excited and sad to write this one! ;-; stay tuned! I've been preparing for my mission and all, and everything just got so busy! New clothes, skin care stuff I might never use xP Oh, and I get to go to the Temple! That's pretty exciting! Anyway, enjoy the story :3 )

While Candy cleaned the daycare, and the children were all set to come in a few minutes, Pearl seemed troubled with a phone call she had received, and hung up.

"Oh dear..." she looked greatly upset, seeming sad over something, as Candy looked up with Combusken to see her new attitude.

"Is everything alright, Miss Pearl?" Candy asked, looking concerned towards her loving mentor.

"Combusk. Combusken, Busk?" Combusken had a broom in her hands, probably her punishment for treating the new kid and Jake so horribly last time, and now, was forced to do the tiring chores of the daycare center with Candy.

"Did someone die?!" Candy put a worried hand to her mouth, biting her nails as Combusken's whole being turned white, the broom slowly falling from her hands. "I'm here for you..." she started to tear up and come closer to Pearl, as Pearl just shot her a glare at her bluntness on such a sensitive matter and held her hand up.

"No, no. And for future reference, that's not how you ask. Condolences for someone in mourning should be done with respectful loving care, and not panic." She looked disappointed in Candy's 'discerning' skills and hoped she would approve upon them with maturity.

"Oh." Candy held her hands down and on the broom, looking down and feeling ashamed at being lightly scolded, before letting it go and holding the broom up more, leaning forward and down to her small mentor and speaking in a more humble tone. "Than... why were you so sad on the phone? Is something wrong?"

"Why yes, actually... That was Mr. Johnson on the phone just now, it seems Jake's birthday is coming up. ..." She responded.

"Oh yeah, I understand the resent." Candy nodded, hating that the boy now had a free day to do whatever he wanted with the justification that he was born that day. "Little brats gonna be calling me 'ugly' after every three words he mumbles out." She brushed the ground hard with the broom, closing her eyes as anger marks lit up the side of her head, as her eyebrow twitched a bit in dreading that day.

"No, child. I'm saying he's turning 10. After 2 years in the daycare..." She seemed pained to say that, as Candy still seemed a bit confused.

"So? The boy's turning 10! He'll still be a menace to society, but this time, with a 3rd or 4th grade education." Candy humorously responded, smiling at her crude little joke, before suddenly realizing something... "Wait... 10?" she turned to face Pearl, taking this more seriously now.

"Yes." Pearl stated. "10. As in-"

"The age to be a Pokemon Trainer."

The whole place grew still and silent.

Candy slowly looked down, and walked to a rocking chair.

She rocked back and forth in deep, and sorrowful thought, as the kids began to show up, one by one...

"Ha! Got your nose, Jigglypuff!" Mia shouted out, and ran off, as Jigglypuff puffed up her cheek, and turned around, not falling for it. She then touched her face and patted where her nose should be.

Her face turned to pure shock at the fact that she couldn't feel a nose there, and ran after Mia with tears of worry, desperately afraid she had really gotten her nose! She wasn't used to her new form, and wondered if she even had a nose to begin with. Well, if she did, she certainly wanted it back!