The Primarina Circus Spectacular!

Pokemon Daycare

Ch.16

The Primarina Circus Spectacular!

By: Cutegirlmayra (Trying to go through my rounds of updating all my fanfictions. I graduated, but there's still prompts to be done! Please enjoy this latest installment! Before you read further, I'd like a pokemon suggestion for "A typical and unusual Team Rocket pokemon!" for next time! :Db This time, I'll take many suggestions and pick my favorites ones out of them :) Enjoy!)

Much time had passed as the Daycare recently celebrated another small anniversary for themselves. It was looking like a bright new year for the gang, and as the New Year began, so did the festivities!

"A circus?" Pearl raised an eyebrow up. "What about the Aquarium?"

Candy, holding a flier tightly in her hands, motioned her free hand around as Jokes yipped at it, trying to catch the shaking 'prey' as it drew close to the shelf she was crouched on. She wagged her tail, nipping as the motioning hand never gave her any time to grab it.

"It's the yearly field trip, Pearl. We've explored that Aquarium since we opened!" Candy protested, throwing the hand out to a stop towards her as Jokes's eyes lit up. She darted out towards it, successfully getting a hold on it and growling playfully while dangling from her catch.

"Ah!" Candy stepped back, not feeling much pain, but definitely the new weight on her hand. "No, bad jokes, bad!" she tried to jiggle the cute little pokemon off but it held on with all its might.

Pearl smiled at the two's comedic skit before turning a glance towards the flier.

"I suppose we could leave it up to the children..." She thought out loud, sighing. "But I will have to explain to Octavius why the plans have changed." She looked up to her head, and sleeping soundly in his place, the Octillery who's anniversary walk along the beach was coming up soon.

"Oh..." Candy's eyes bent in realization. "I'm sorry... I forgot this was your special day too..." she looked at the flier, a bright and decorative design of curtains and sparkling bubbles with bold words: The Primarina Circus Spectacular! Along with many instructions on where the traveling circus was setting up just outside of town and on the opposite side of the city from the daycare.

"Hmm..." Pearl swept the porch as Minccino happily mimicked the action with her tail, also dusting off the steps and letting it fall to the dirt below. She leaned up on her back legs to curiously look up at the two humans, wondering what was being discussed and talked about.

"I suppose I could leave now with Octavius... then you'd have plenty of time to get the kids ready and ask their parents for permission." She gave a wink and thumbs up to Candy, who immediately jumped for joy.

"Oh, Miss Pearl! Thank you so mu-!" she was about to hug her but her Zorua had swung itself up, flipped into her face and pushed her off, landing with absolute trust that Pearl would catch her. Pearl extended her free arm as Jokes back-flipped onto it, feeling it under her; she then perched and watched Candy fall with a smug look on her face.

Candy fell back and hit the ground on her butt with a few bounces before twitching an eyebrow up at Jokes. "You little stinker..."

"Zor! Zor!" Jokes barked, wagging her tail.

"My, I believe she was saying that it was you, who fell on her stinker. Hohoho!" Pearl laughed, causing Jokes to mock Candy and do the same.

"...You're all so mean." She squished her lips together, frowning. "That's it. I'm letting Flower out instead of you!" she held out her pokeball, trying to summon Jokes back to her.